What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Changed my spark plugs. The old ones did not look that bad and I almost put them back in. Checked the gap and they were at .058 so I did not feel bad about going ahead with the change. I started to do this yesterday but could not find any of my gap tools. I know I must have six or seven of them around here. The funny thing is that the reason I have so many (or used to, at any rate...) is that when I buy new plugs I almost always throw one in the cart so I don't have to waste time looking for them. But not this time, no sir...

I also sucked out all of the power steering fluid (I used a baster, not a soda straw, for those who wonder about me) and replaced it with fresh fluid. I will repeat that in about a week and maybe give it a third go-round if I feel like it a week after that.

Installed new wiper blades as well. The old ones had some life in them but I hate doing it in fall or winter and them scraping them all up right away when we get a frost.

derekj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed my spark plugs. The old ones did not look that bad and I almost put them back in. Checked the gap and they were at .058 so I did not feel bad about going ahead with the change. I started to do this yesterday but could not find any of my gap tools. I know I must have six or seven of them around here. The funny thing is that the reason I have so many (or used to, at any rate...) is that when I buy new plugs I almost always throw one in the cart so I don't have to waste time looking for them. But not this time, no sir...

I also sucked out all of the power steering fluid (I used a baster, not a soda straw, for those who wonder about me) and replaced it with fresh fluid. I will repeat that in about a week and maybe give it a third go-round if I feel like it a week after that.

Installed new wiper blades as well. The old ones had some life in them but I hate doing it in fall or winter and them scraping them all up right away when we get a frost.
Gap tools and 10mm sockets - can never find one when you need one! :)

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score

get you a foot long set of feeler gauges. Too big to lose easily and more accurate than those ramp-wheel keychain things. Way easier to set the gap too, though the NGKs have always been at 0.40 +/- 0.01 right outta the box.

mine are old-school so have to keep 'em oiled, but these modern stainless steel ones should do you right. Cheap too!

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not jeep related, and I imagine some of you will know, and my niece wants to know, what is this? It’s like an armored worm.

You must be registered for see images attach
There was this movie called "Tremors" I think? Kevin Bacon was in the first. Id imagine the creatures had babies.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not jeep related, and I imagine some of you will know, and my niece wants to know, what is this? It’s like an armored worm.

As they … grow, the host becomes more and more susceptible to … suggestion…

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score

That is either an "ant lion" or tiger beetle larvae. They both hang out in sand and do the Sarlac Pit thing, treating small insects like Boba Fett.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Hasn't rained in two months, then we get 3 inches in the last 96 hours...and of course, I need to do some work on the kids' cars before I leave on a trip and it is pouring again.

At least it blew the wildfire smoke blanket we have been under for the last 6 months here in the Omaha metro away.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Giving up on repairing front power window regulators. Got a pair for 100USD, free next day shipping, from 1A Auto. Say what you want about them, but I have had nothing but good experiences with both their parts and their customer service.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
I have amber fogs and they make a huge difference on the road.
Folks these days (including the automakers) don't grasp the concept of amber fog lights anymore.

For those of us that understand the terms "white out", "lake effect snow", and "haboob" anything but amber is stupid.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Folks these days (including the automakers) don't grasp the concept of amber fog lights anymore.

For those of us that understand the terms "white out", "lake effect snow", and "haboob" anything but amber is stupid.
Agreed! I just installed some excellent pods from Diode Dynamics… they are not cheap but have awesome output and a crisp cut off so the light goes exactly where you want it and not in the face of oncoming drivers.

DadOSix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had to replace the dreaded actuator pin on the 04. It died at work in the lot, and I thought of the starter relay trick. No luck because the switch was not turning far enough. So off to advance auto for a dorman pin kit. (Price match amazon saves 20 bucks). What a beast to get lined up in the dark! I finally watched a youtube where the guy lined up the actuator first, into the retainer, insert key / cylinder; then lookit the business end of the actuator and rotate ignition switch to match. Goes right in and works well. First few, I was going into the switch first and then the cylinder would not rotate. Got it going now!

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Rain finally quit. Mad dash to catch up as a result. Got new regulators installed. Thanks A1 Auto! As usual parts arrived before my card got charged!!!

Put new suspension in kid's nissan and caught up on gardening.

Changed up Bert's "field season" load out from desert/sandhills mode to east coast mode.

Also got creative with the blades and finally converted Bert over to a proper cabin air filter. F'n tired of limestone dust. Just did a four hour romo on the corn grid- no clouds of dust from under the glove box!!!

Latest posts

Members online