What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw a good looking KK Liberty with only 125K on it today for sale for $2000. The “engine’s blown” according to the ad. He also says it “just shut down going down the highway” which to me does not sound like a blown engine. I wonder what the engine sounds like when run and what the trouble codes actually are! Now if it wasn’t so far away and I had someplace to work on it…

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Saw a good looking KK Liberty with only 125K on it today for sale for $2000. The “engine’s blown” according to the ad. He also says it “just shut down going down the highway” which to me does not sound like a blown engine. I wonder what the engine sounds like when run and what the trouble codes actually are! Now if it wasn’t so far away and I had someplace to work on it…
Could be a great deal, buy it and over time fix it up as a backup

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could be. It is more of a thought experiment than something I could actually pull off. I have no place to fix up a Jeep (no driveway, I park on the street), and this supposedly dead Jeep is more than 4 hours away. If it was closer I would go see it and bring my code reader. ;)

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have thought that a second Liberty would be good to have. My god-daughters are just old enough to be getting their learners permits and soon their drivers licenses, as well as wanting to get their first jobs. A Liberty is a good safe vehicle that I would feel comfortable letting them drive to work (eventually), and because of my experience with my KK, I would know how to fix and maintain another one. I would probably have to start with one that actually runs, though! LOL :p

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Swapped the rear gate handles (crusty microswitch) , air filter, and box between parts jeep and Bluebert. Looking at the ac tomorrow, then I'll be ready to offer it up to the vultures. Looked through the engine parts in the back and found a random brake pad and a water pump from something else, but no heads. Only one camshaft and one exhaust manifold. Does anyone know if the cats are the same between the 4x4 and 2x4 models?

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well since this **** hasn't gotten back to me about seeing a car I want to look at, I guess I should tear in to the driver's rear door again.
windows doesn't roll all the way down, and it sounds like it's trying to force it too high up at the top.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
well since this **** hasn't gotten back to me about seeing a car I want to look at, I guess I should tear in to the driver's rear door again.
windows doesn't roll all the way down, and it sounds like it's trying to force it too high up at the top.
Ahh the fun of the broken regulator clips.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Wifey sold her Liberty today. She got 7200$ for it...About 3 times what we paid for it and put into it. Then went and put a nice down payment on the Forrester she has wanted so badly. Guess I gotta learn how to upgrade them now too. Gonna seriously cut into my VW rebuild time and my Bertin' time. Dang it.

klc

“It flies like a truck.”
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I made a side quest. Once I was off pavement I didn’t see anyone for the entire twenty miles.
You must be registered for see images attach

Members online

No members online now.