What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

klc

“It flies like a truck.”
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trying some LED lights here and there.
You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• 9A96C712-C620-4975-93E2-FFF291F1F68B.jpeg
    9A96C712-C620-4975-93E2-FFF291F1F68B.jpeg
    188.6 KB · Views: 3

JRB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the look led's give the halogen vehicles. I think eventually I'll get around to do a conversion on this vehicle.

Going to measure everything with a dmm this time. In the past I've dealt with the turn signal hyperflash and had to play around with relay values, resistors and all that fun stuff to get it dialed in.

I read on the forums here that there's a module under the steering column iirc, where you can desolder the resistor on that board and replace with what's needed for the draw on the new turn/hazard setup. If that's the case I'll pick an extra one up at the junkyard, in case I want to go back to o.e. nice and easy.

Reactions: klc

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
I need to take a road trip but I have nowhere to go.
You can hit up the vernal wetlands, swamps, marshes, and bogs in your area and grab samples for me. I'll send you specimen containers and return postage and the like. Still trying to find Rhynchomesostoma sp. outside of my original sample site. Can't publish till I have a comparative transcriptome/genome/karyotype on the little &%#@%*(!. Four years and I haven't found a single specimen that turned out to be a true Rhynchomesostoma.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Jeep has been parked for a week. My sister is on vacation and she said I could drive her Ford C-Max hybrid while she’s away. I’ve been getting 48-65 mpg! Of course I miss the Jeep but it is saving me a bundle of gas money over the short term.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone driven a Wrangler 4xe plug in hybrid yet? Wish I could get a crate motor for one of those and transplant it into my Liberty, LOL. My commute could be all electric, but I could still tow my trailer long distances and get far out into the woods. The $6xxxx price tag does not agree with my wallet though.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
^ Send me some details. I actually live right next door to a swamp and my dog and I walk past it every day.

Of course, it would be better if you had me out looking for something I might have a chance of being able to spell correctly... ;-)
^ Send me some details. I actually live right next door to a swamp and my dog and I walk past it every day.

Of course, it would be better if you had me out looking for something I might have a chance of being able to spell correctly... ;-)
[/QUOTE/]
I keep the dang word stored in autocorrect as it’s nigh impossible to remember! Lol

CherokeeLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone driven a Wrangler 4xe plug in hybrid yet? Wish I could get a crate motor for one of those and transplant it into my Liberty, LOL. My commute could be all electric, but I could still tow my trailer long distances and get far out into the woods. The $6xxxx price tag does not agree with my wallet though.
I have. I had a test driving gig last winter/spring, and we had a few of them. Those units didn’t go far on electric mode, but the engine ran for the highway miles. Downtown driving was pretty much all electric. If I remember right, they have a 2.0L turbo 4cyl, and they have a lot of pep.

If I was paying a ton of money for one of the current wranglers, I’d be going for the 6.4L Hemi version. However, I can’t seem to decide between speed and offroader…

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Just been driving mine , well the 03
Moms in the hospital again, so my daily commute is
an hours drive northeast of where I live
then an hour due west from work
then southeast from hospital to home
Leaving at 5 AM, home 11-11:30 each day
too darn old for this

Lobato

Reaction score
Today I am just scratching my head because for 5 min the dash of my Liberty looked like a Christmas tree. The lights for ABS, ESC and EBD turned on for about 5 minutes and then shut off again. I will plug my ODB reader here to get the ABS codes and see if I can make sense of what's happening with it.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Installed ? the vintage ROCK LIZARD decal from PIXEL DECALs
Almost , well closely matches my Crane rear diff cover ( I bought 15 years ago ) and rear lower CORE 4X4 control arms, both came that color
color kind of shows yellow tint which is not
guess I am starting a theme as the younguns call it LOL
You must be registered for see images attach

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Changed oil in the 03 couple of days ago,
today rotated the tires and finished greasing ujoints etc
replaced air filter, PCV valve
and some other small things done so far
Going out now to get 5 gallons of dirt out of it
between the farm and work get way too much dirt inside of it daily

Oh and took an Amish guy ( owner of a construction company ) for a ride over the 160 acres at work
Been there several times building other buildings for us but never been over the whole grounds before LOL
They started today on a 24x24 building Sheriffs Office for fair time , plus a 60X90 with 2 -14 foot high doors rest rooms etc, then a 22X80 addition on another building
So they'll be around for a few days

Members online

No members online now.