What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
once I get the 'go' working on the new sebring, I intend on getting a 3rd key and FOB married up to it, along with a chipless key. You can always self-program another, as long as you have 2.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
once I get the 'go' working on the new sebring, I intend on getting a 3rd key and FOB married up to it, along with a chipless key. You can always self-program another, as long as you have 2.
That was one of the first things I did on my Jeep. I had two keys and made another. Then when I got married I made a fourth one for my wife, who has never driven it. (Despite my pleas to take the Jeep when it snows - but she's afraid she will wreck it.) I have never lost a key (knock wood) but didn't want to be coughing up $$$ at the dealer if I did.

klc

“It flies like a truck.”
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was one of the first things I did on my Jeep. I had two keys and made another. Then when I got married I made a fourth one for my wife, who has never driven it. (Despite my pleas to take the Jeep when it snows - but she's afraid she will wreck it.) I have never lost a key (knock wood) but didn't want to be coughing up $$$ at the dealer if I did.
Yeah, this key cost me more than all the keys I’ve ever bought in my life put together.‍

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
I changed the oil and air filter tonight. Got a little help from the mutt.

You must be registered for see images attach

The new garage set up is taking rough form. There’s still a lot of work to do out there.
It has a proper garage couch, so it’s on its way to a full set up.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Just drove to hos[ital , it sit in the parking lot, I sat in Moms room, then just got home
NOTHING EXCITING

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Couch in the garage ?
Never
would never get anything done that way LOL
When I first bought my house it needed much work before I’d let my wife and kids move in. First things in were my 50s fridge and a thrift store couch in the garage. Add my camp stove, and that was my headquarters while I remodeled.

Many feasibility studies on that couch!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
My first wifes and my first house ( a 1890s farm house ) was a complete makeover She still lives there LOL
Lived in a canned ham camper for 6 months Could reach almost everything while lying in bed Good times
I worked as a carpenter during the day , came home and another 6-8 at home, then to that tiny little camper LOL

Reaction score
I did a slew of automotive work and cleaning this weekend. Up first was my 01 F150, needed a new thermostat and a coolant flush, then oil change and tire rotation. then washed exterior and detailed interior.

Later in the day was the girlfriends black KJ, it also got cleaned inside and out. Then I messed with the rear wiper to find out why it wasn't working, turns out the arm itself is stripped of the spline slots. Lastly I snapped in a few interior trim pieces I had been forgetting about.

And safe wishes to you and your mother tom

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Is that what you young people are calling it these days?
Yes. A proper feasibility study is a necessity amount current and former field engineers (like myself) The mysteries of the universe are contemplated, solved, and then forgotten promptly as the technical issue at hand is generally remedied with much berating of the designers. I switched careers as I couldn’t handle the hangovers.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
My first wifes and my first house ( a 1890s farm house ) was a complete makeover She still lives there LOL
Lived in a canned ham camper for 6 months Could reach almost everything while lying in bed Good times
I worked as a carpenter during the day , came home and another 6-8 at home, then to that tiny little camper LOL
Truth, I worked third shift as an electromechanical tech at a box factory, slept 4 hours, and then gutted and remodeled the dump by day. I still refer to it as my “Fortress of Squalitude”

It’s a fixer upper she said. It will be fun to make it our own she said. Then she paints the master bathroom high gloss Welch’s grape juice purple with rubber duckies yellow trim while I was asleep….

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
EMERGENCY WINDOW REGULATOR REPAIR!!!

Figures... I'm trying to diagnose *** is wrong with the brakes on the trailer (found one had a wire separated from its crimp, possibly shorting to the axle/frame and causing the controller to trip?), fixed that, all the others looked good, rolled down the windows in the jeep and POP! driver's rear goes all the way down on its own. <insert naughty words>

Pull the door apart and yep, the nylon piece shattered. Luckily I have the metal replacements waiting. Only one left is the passenger rear now.

Also, the kits I got, you have pop the stud out of the metal bracket attached to the glass, and the rears regulator bits have retainer holes that are bigger than the hole in the bracket on the window. had to drill out the hole in the window bracket, carefully.

Members online

No members online now.