What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Drove to work
Had to check some things at work and down over the hill by the old motocross track ( over a mile and a half long track up and down over the hills )
so had some fun playing on it , well part of it , jumps too extreme for a DD LOL

JRB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went to salvage yard near me, there was a 05 renegade hit front drivers side. I got the remaining 3 fender flares, factory tow hooks, and roof rack. Roof rack looks different than the earlier model renegades I've seen pictures of, it looks more like the standard one but with larger diameter thin wall round tubing.

Figured I'd put an oddball question in here too, I'll be doing a handful of things to the kj soon and wanted to know what's best to do with how to post it. Do I make separate threads for each of the projects that I wanted to share, or make one thread?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Went to salvage yard near me, there was a 05 renegade hit front drivers side. I got the remaining 3 fender flares, factory tow hooks, and roof rack. Roof rack looks different than the earlier model renegades I've seen pictures of, it looks more like the standard one but with larger diameter thin wall round tubing.

Figured I'd put an oddball question in here too, I'll be doing a handful of things to the kj soon and wanted to know what's best to do with how to post it. Do I make separate threads for each of the projects that I wanted to share, or make one thread?
Yes the 05 and up had a larger diameter pipe for the rails on the renegades
One way to quickly spot them
But they did not get the Tupperware that 02-04s had on the renes

Now go to the section

Members' Journals

where you can start your own journal and make posts of what you are doing to your KJ in one section

Some like to do that to show what they do
Others just do it like me and never hardly show anything LOL
of course Im old

Last edited:

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Yes the 05 and up had a larger diameter pipe for the rails on the renegades
One way to quickly spot them
But they did not get the Tupperware that 02-04s had on the renes

Now go to the section

Members' Journals

where you can start your own journal and make posts of what you are doing to your KJ in one section

Some like to do that to show what they do
Others just do it like me and never hardly show anything LOL
of course Im old
Only way I found out I was crazy, doing it wrong, or wasting money was from all the good advice in my Journal.

CherokeeLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brakes are done did. My wife picked up 2’ of 1/4” tubing for me, and I found an empty pop bottle. The fluid that came out wasn’t terrible. I’ll do a full fluid change later when I replace the other hoses.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
On a roll. Good weather and no students means lots of Jeep time. Now to see if I can get the last few frozen bolts off to mount the tank armor….

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    372.9 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    359.1 KB · Views: 8

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think he's sitting up so he'd appear in the picture. :D

And the first "mods" are to get it running. Has no go. The seller thinks it's the clutch is totally smoked.
We'll get into it and see what's what.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
I think he's sitting up so he'd appear in the picture. :D

And the first "mods" are to get it running. Has no go. The seller thinks it's the clutch is totally smoked.
We'll get into it and see what's what.
Sweat equity is the best way to teach a kid automobiles. Very cool you are doing this project. It was how I learned. First car was an 82 Buick Le Sabre Custom. Was told the engine was smoked. Discovered that the carburetor was plugged up. Learned that I liked aircooled VWs better. LOL

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up a pallet of wood pellets for use as kitty litter, over the next 2 years. $199 for the pallet.