What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Naked? better be careful you don't get any of your sensitive parts stuck in there. :icon_eek: LMAO

(I know what you meant. ;) )

BTW - how hard is that to do? According to my little book I am supposed to do front and rear soon. I'm handy with tools but not experienced with cars beyond the standard oil and antifreeze stuff.

The front is just about as easy as changing your oil, the rear, a little messier but still easy. Just remember the golden rule. Check fill plug first!

Jack up the rear end and put your stands just in front of the rear control arms .. let the diff come down remove all but the top bolt (just loosen) ... wait for the gush (pry with screwdriver). Clean everything out with brake cleaner wipe off the magnet (bottom inside). Paint your diff cover (if your a geek like me). Draw circles ;) with permatex. Finger tighten bolts until the gasket maker starts to ooze out a bit ... wait for 1/2 to 1 hour... then tighten bolts 1/4 to 1/2 turn ...Fill. Done!

Note : The only tool you need other than sockets is something to get the fluid back into the diff. I bought a little drill pump to use this time .. USELESS... Perhaps the the laws of physics do not apply in Tiawan but over here you need to create a vacuum in order to suck! I had to resort to the old squeeze bottle technique ... S... l... o...w

Edit: might as well give you all the info :) Sockets 13mm (1/2" might work), #8 hex socket (front drain), 3/8 ratchet head (front fill), Permatex grey, Brake Cleaner and lots of rags

Last edited:

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also consider upgrading you diff armor while you are down there. Might as well while you have it open! haha

I found one of my diff bolts was rounded by the previous owner/mechanic. UGH. So I ordered a new cover that comes with bolts. I will be stopping by harbor freight tomorrow to see if i can find some bolt remover sockets. As well as a few other things.

first&lastKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just removed the drivers side mirror. Going to Midwest jeep parts in Vincennes tomorrow to get a used one. I busted mine backing into the barn the other day.

Silvertwinkie

Reaction score
Sherfield English, Hampshire, Great Britain
An extra 12v power socket on my KJ 3.7.
This tip might not transfer as I'm in the UK and right hand drive. However, I'm sure the whole thing is symmetrical.
I mounted it in the thin strip of trim on the dash adjacent to the door. On mine the fuse panel is around the corner so gives me easy access
Marc

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
...Perhaps the the laws of physics do not apply in Taiwan but over here you need to create a vacuum in order to suck!...
Unless, of course, you manage to get elected to something. :patriot:

Thanks for the explanation. I think I'm going to have to give it a shot. :icon_biggrin:

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up a set of rock rails - cheap!

You must be registered for see images attach

Guy was going to modify his Grand Cherokee to put them on but changed his mind. Now I don't have to remove, sand, prime and paint mine!

mongo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed a new light bar switch, found out my lift kit just left pa yesterday. Hope it shows before the weekend

first&lastKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got home from the dealer. They replaced the rear lower control arms on our 07 due to the recall, took them less than an hour. I also stopped by the glass place and made an appointment to get a new windshield, they will be coming out to the house to replace it.

Silvertwinkie

Reaction score
Sherfield English, Hampshire, Great Britain
On the weekend I removed both seats and changed their cushions. Mine(driver's) had suffered wear -from scuffing as you get in - that recently turned into a tear.
I got a big needle and some very strong thread and, as tidily as I could, stitched up the tear. This is not crucial as the offenfing area is now butted up against the centre console. ...and I have an unworn seat looking quite fresh as I open the door.

Armysniper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys I'm just retired from the US Army. New to the site and just got a used 04 liberty sport.
I will like a 3" suspension lift, please you veterans in kj's let me know how to go about it? Not my intention to jack the thread, but I don't know how to start a new one.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys I'm just retired from the US Army. New to the site and just got a used 04 liberty sport.
I will like a 3" suspension lift, please you veterans in kj's let me know how to go about it? Not my intention to jack the thread, but I don't know how to start a new one.

Welcome - And thanks for your service - you are appreciated! :patriot:

Replied to you in the Lift Section regarding lifting your Jeep. Great to have you!

Bob

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score

Welcome! Good thing you got a used 04, a new one is overrated :)

Sent from ThunderbirdJunkie's mind via satellites

mongo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tires, uca's, y link, rear springs came in the mail.today.

waiting on wheels, struts, and front springs