What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

speleorelic

Reaction score
Air Bag Helper Spring Install

Last week one side of the jeep was sagging. Found a hole in the air bag helper spring. Received the replacement in the mail this week. Today I will install the and take a few pics. I will post them later today.

b1m3x8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my alignment done after my ome/ironman lift. Now it handles better than the day I bought it.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove it to the beer store and filled up the back. Picked up some bacon jerky along the way.

Mmmmm....beer....

QuickSilver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got my "new" old Jeep smogged, so now I can finish the title transfer Monday at my AAA office. Also had my mechanic isolate problems with my blower motor (resistor pack) and my power mirrors (driver's master switch toggle). Thanks to Leann and other folks here, I will be fixing the resistor myself and I will probably tackle the power mirror switch as well.

:rockit:

I also added a locking gas cap and will be drilling a hole to fit the tether from the old cap. We have too many bored teens running loose around here as a neighbor's car was vandalized and destroyed three weeks ago with a bag of sugar. Can't wait for school to start again...

Last edited:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Dumb question (my specialty!), but what does "smogged" mean in this context? :pshyco:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks (again!), Leeann. We had to do the sniffer test back in Virginia. Here in Ohio they look to see if your Check Engine light is out, then check to make sure you didn't just reset it. What actually comes out of the exhaust is apparently not important. :icon_neutral:

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took a ride after it sat in the garage clean for over a week as we were on vacation. Ended up at the Mounds and brought it home all dirty so now it looks like a Jeep.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks (again!), Leeann. We had to do the sniffer test back in Virginia. Here in Ohio they look to see if your Check Engine light is out, then check to make sure you didn't just reset it. What actually comes out of the exhaust is apparently not important. :icon_neutral:

We had the sniffer test in CT. They still do it for pre-96 vehicles in MD, otherwise they just plug it in.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
used it to pull the trailer to Ikea and pick up nearly 600# of new cabinets for the basement. old cabinets were damaged from a sewage backup into the house.

MTN GTO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had to replace the old mill with a fresh one. Somehow the anti-freeze was being "consumed" by the engine without smoking out the tailpipe. Ended up frying the engine on the Palisades Interstate one night....and that was all she wrote.
If the body wasn't in such great shape, I probably would've scrapped her. I couldn't see spending tens of thousands of $ for a new, or even used ride, so I decided on a newer engine. I had almost 150K mi. on her when this happened, and the mill was strong up till she gasped her last breath. *a moment of silence please* The newer engine has 104K mi. less on it, so MTN GTO rides on into the sunset!

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
NAKED!:D Changed the front and rear fluid...

Naked? better be careful you don't get any of your sensitive parts stuck in there. :icon_eek:

(I know what you meant. ;) )

BTW - how hard is that to do? According to my little book I am supposed to do front and rear soon. I'm handy with tools but not experienced with cars beyond the standard oil and antifreeze stuff.

Members online

No members online now.