What are these plugs for?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rcjohnson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I was under my dash at lunch doing the wiring for the OTIS, Auto dim mirror and the remote start I have had lying around and these two plugs are in the bundle coming down the steering column. Can anybody tell me what they are for?

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 44
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 39

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I was under my dash at lunch doing the wiring for the OTIS, Auto dim mirror and the remote start I have had lying around and these two plugs are in the bundle coming down the steering column. Can anybody tell me what they are for?

The second, smaller one is for under-dash lights in the footwells. If you can find the original fixture you can just plug in the lights and the footwells will be illuminated when you open the door or turn on the overhead cabin lights. You can also mod in an LED fixture to give you the same effect.

I can't come up with anything on the first connector :shrug:

Bob

MarkJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The first larger one looks like the throttle position sensor according to the 2005 Liberty manual. The colors all match and the connector matches up. Certainly the location is right..... why is it off though? No codes?
(Page 8W-80-6 of the manual)

Attachments

• accelposition.jpg
    accelposition.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

rcjohnson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking the same MarkJ. No codes at all. I run the Jeep 60+ miles a day and it runs fine. That's why I was baffled. I was taped back with factory tape to the bundle coming down the column. Where does it plug in to and I wonder what would happen if I did plug it in?

Thanks TwoBobs on the id of the other connector. I will have some fun with that one.

MarkJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it. Looks like the accelerator position sensor is used on the diesel only. They use the same harness on the gas engine and just tape it out of the way. Look closely at the schematic of the connector I posted - look at the title... (Diesel).

rcjohnson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep I see that now. Well I guess I will just stuff it back out of the way. Thanks guys for the help.