"WesWay" Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the front end I have a set of deep sockets up to 19MM and one 21MM socket. That's all I needed. There aren't any SAE sizes as far as I know. In other words, its all metric.

richar43

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks, thats helpfull, and it looks like I have all the sockets sizes i need....

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
I like the ease and cost of the wes way lift, but did i miss the instructions on how to do the front end, also since i own a 07 liberty, i read something about needed to use rear brake line relocation brackets, any ideas where to find these?.... thanks for the help......If i can get the funds , I may try this in a few weeks..... this may be a dumb question, what are the socket sizes needed t dis-assemble the front end?

the front installation is included in the how to, and the socket sizes should also be listed there...

richar43

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, for the info, I'll look thru it again, I may have just missed it.... thanks for replying

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
Thanks, for the info, I'll look thru it again, I may have just missed it.... thanks for replying

no problem! now the howto is continued in several posts because the information wouldn't all fit in one post so besure to scroll through them all..

richar43

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have one more question, just to clarify something, with this lift do i still need to relocated the brake lines on the driverside rear, and is that the only side that is needed to be done,.... the passanger side is fine.. correct......just making sure I have it all figured out, before I order all the items, and making sure I know i need to make the brackets..... and I have read that I will need to get multiple alignments done as the lift kit settles, is this true with this lift, i know I need one after it is done....thanks in advance, for the help

Last edited:

Boiler

Reaction score
I'm not sure about the brake line bracket, but I would think for alignments you'd just need one if you're not changing the spring.

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
I have one more question, just to clarify something, with this lift do i still need to relocated the brake lines on the driverside rear, and is that the only side that is needed to be done,.... the passanger side is fine.. correct......just making sure I have it all figured out, before I order all the items, and making sure I know i need to make the brackets..... and I have read that I will need to get multiple alignments done as the lift kit settles, is this true with this lift, i know I need one after it is done....thanks in advance, for the help

Since I have an 05 I have no idea about the brake line relocation, but on the alignment... I had recently had mine done before installing the lift and when I took it back to have it checked it was still good. You would probably want to go ahead and get it checked and done if you haven't recently had one. However, one is all that you need. The multiple alignments are for lifts that replace the coil springs. The coil springs can sag a little after settling and that can change you alignment. The WesWay lift does not consists of moving parts, simply the strut shim which is only a solid piece of aluminum and the clevis adjustment, therefore the lift can't really settle.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both of the rear brake lines come through on the driver's side. It's not like most vehicles where 1 flex line reaches the axle, and then splits into 2 hard lines. There are two lines running to the rear axle. There's a good "How-To" that I followed to fab up some sturdy drop brackets.

richar43

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, it looks like I get to order my items to do this lift next week, I told the wife I wanted to do a OME lift, and she said how much, and I told her.. she said she would castrate me if I spent that much, so I think I'll be happy with the WesWay lift personally. I'll keep everyone updated net week as I order items, and hopefully over Memorial day weekend, I can get it installed...

j-rod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what size tires did you fit with this lift? and how much total lift when all is said and done?

Sorry if i missed it. i just read 14 pages of lift threads. lol

edit - if i followed the how to correctly this netted about 1" lift?

Last edited:

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
what size tires did you fit with this lift? and how much total lift when all is said and done?

Sorry if i missed it. i just read 14 pages of lift threads. lol

edit - if i followed the how to correctly this netted about 1" lift?

yes you gain an inch of lift and I'm running 245/70/16's others are running 245/75/16's with no problems so I'm not really sure what size you can fit. To be safe I'd get the 245/70's but if you're reckless try the 75's lol

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One question I have about the Wesway lift...

How is using the isolators and shim different from the much maligned budjet spacer kits (ie, Daystar)?

Is it just that the wesway is 1" instead of 2+" and doesn't compress the springs as much?

Not trying to "dig" on your system, just trying to figure out all the options.

Thanks

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Basically this lift just raises the KJ back to about stock height in most case's so no real problems

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
One question I have about the Wesway lift...

How is using the isolators and shim different from the much maligned budjet spacer kits (ie, Daystar)?

Is it just that the wesway is 1" instead of 2+" and doesn't compress the springs as much?

Not trying to "dig" on your system, just trying to figure out all the options.

Thanks

It will compress your stock rear springs some, but not the stock front springs at all. The front shim actually locates the mounting point of the strut farther away from the subframe, changing its geometry and causing the front suspension to sit higher. Its better than poly spacers because it can be reused with a OME/Rancho or Bilstein lift. It's kind of a preparation lift that can be used alone or in conjuction with an OME/Rancho or Bilstein lift.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Roger that,
I may need new tires before I can swing the OME lift. so I'm checking on options

thanks guys.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the rear, I'm curious if it would be possible to add one upper and one lower isolator? Would it be better, worse, or indifferent. And why?

Just one of the questions in my head that wants an answer:pp:

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
For the rear, I'm curious if it would be possible to add one upper and one lower isolator? Would it be better, worse, or indifferent. And why?

Just one of the questions in my head that wants an answer:pp:

You could I think, but the upper isolators work better because they slip over the top of the bumpstop which holds it in place better. Where as the lower only has the small raised area inside the coil holding it inplace. You would probabbly gain close to same amount of lift.

first&lastKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WesWay lifted our 07 sport and put my wifes 245/75 Maxxis Buckshots on it with NO rubbing at the pinch welds.
You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.