"WesWay" Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boiler

Reaction score
This is a good idea for those that are too impatient or money hungry to buy a full lift. All stuff you can use later for your full lift, and none of it should hurt your other parts.

RRO and Rustys have the top plate as well
plus I made some for FREE!!! so that's even cheaper than 48 bucks or whatever it is
People have been doing this since 02 so not the first

but it works;)

Make sure you include an alignment afterward's as well

They definitely can make their own, if they are inclined. And X2 on the alignment.

But I can't believe I just saw Tom pitch RRO!!! Must be the lesser of 2 evils. :rolleyes: I think I've personally seen him bash their customer service about fifty times....

Why to buy from me instead of the other places:
-with shipping, the other guys are at least $5 more
-mine will typically be at your door within about 5 working days
-support the guy who's actively developing new KJ products and is active in the forums
-people can PM or call me and I'll respond... If you want my phone #, ask for it.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
cryinghard.gifmj.gif:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Just giving options Boiler

I have supported you in the past, I mean I took my time and wrote up the install directions for you, no charge, since you didn't know how to install them!
I have provided ideas to you for products so not sure why you say what you do about me on here and to other people at M&Gs ??

RRO bad customer service but with top plates nothing needed but to ship them out. Where do you think you got the plans for yours? :eek: From me and a pair of RROs (I bought and paid for by the way) :eek::p:confused::D:D:D:D;)

and soon there will be even more and cheaper options

New things are coming !!!;) All from a long time LOST and KJ Country reader

Friendly competetion at its best LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I thought he got the plans from LTT....:D

The plans are here on the site btw. But can you lasercut 3/8 of steel?

I can't.

So hurray for Boiler.

LTT plans came from me
Yes the plans now are on here from my pattern through LTT
Yes I have someone to cut 3/8 steel no problem

Oh so this is a no competetion area

Sounds like some other sites now

Boiler

Reaction score
cryinghard.gifmj.gif:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Just giving options Boiler

I have supported you in the past, I mean I took my time and wrote up the install directions for you, no charge, since you didn't know how to install them!
I have provided ideas to you for products so not sure why you say what you do about me on here and to other people at M&Gs ??

RRO bad customer service but with top plates nothing needed but to ship them out. Where do you think you got the plans for yours? :eek: From me and a pair of RROs (I bought and paid for by the way) :eek::p:confused::D:D:D:D;)

and soon there will be even more and cheaper options

New things are coming !!!;) All from a long time LOST and KJ Country reader

Friendly competetion at its best LOL!!!!!!!!!!

The plans were from LTT, which was based on a template tom made for him. LTT deserves a little credit though, the cad file would have taken a little work to make from a tracing. I was having problems accurately representing the template you made me in cad, so I asked him for his cad file and he gave it freely.

As far as someone making cheaper shims, that will be great. I'll tell you though, right now I make less per hour on them than I do at my job, and I thought that was impossible. More goes into them than you think.

I won't muddle up this post any more, I'll start a new one, for other issues...

Boiler

Reaction score
I thought he got the plans from LTT....:D

The plans are here on the site btw. But can you lasercut 3/8 of steel?

I can't.

So hurray for Boiler. (who has a vendors account so he can advertise as much as he wants :p)

Actually, I don't think I do have a vendors account :rolleyes:

What are they, and how do I get one. Also, can I run a banner like some of the other places? How does one go about getting that all going?

TexasRock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bottom line is Tom has done and will do great things for the KJ community...

Boiler is doing and will continue to develop great products for our KJs...

My hats off to both of you!! I thank you both for your committment to the ever growing popularity of our KJs.

(bowdown) grouphug.gif

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bottom line is Tom has done and will do great things for the KJ community...

Boiler is doing and will continue to develop great products for our KJs...

My hats off to both of you!! I thank you both for your committment to the ever growing popularity of our KJs.

(bowdown) grouphug.gif

(biggthumpup) W3RD

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
I just sent my payment to boiler for my 3/8" shims!
thanks tom for giving ltt the plans and thanks to ltt for giving boiler the plans and thanks to boiler for taking the initiative to make the shims and thanks for taking my money too lol and giving me a great product in return lol

Boiler

Reaction score
I'll have them out at lunch today, and it's 2-3 day delivery from USPS. Can't wait to see the write up.

Just thought about something. If you are thinking you'll want to do a Frankenlift someday, I'd get the 1/4" spacer plates. They should give around 1/2" lift. The 3/8" spacers are too thick to fit with the daystar top plates, which come with the frankenlift.

You could of course sell the 3/8 plates. They should last longer than any of us will.

Last edited:

Selwyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quote Tom "Those are about the same size as the Rocky Roads that caused so much trouble. Blew struts right and left"
I have done 60000km with the spacers fitted, no trouble. Bumpstops are necessary, otherwise the shock will go. I believe this applies in most cases, there are numerous posts debating the bumpstop question.
Selwyn

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Quote Tom "Those are about the same size as the Rocky Roads that caused so much trouble. Blew struts right and left"
I have done 60000km with the spacers fitted, no trouble. Bumpstops are necessary, otherwise the shock will go. I believe this applies in most cases, there are numerous posts debating the bumpstop question.
Selwyn

MOST all did not or do not run bumpstops hence the problem with blowing struts. Thats why I have preached using bumpstops for over 5 years on here and LOST, if you would take the time to read #-oBeen using bumpstops to limit springs and shocks for years nowrofl2.gif

Last edited:

Selwyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Tom
So we agree, it is not the RR spacer that blows the strut, it is the implications of the lengthened travel of the UCA to the bumpstop that causes the shock piston to bottom out before the UCA hits the bumpstop, the same applies to possible overcoiling of the spring. Sorry if the post "reads" wrong, I know that you support the bumpstop issue.

For WesWay; The cheap bumpstop; Use a standard KJ bumpstop, cut the lip that seats on the UCA off the bumpstop creating a flat surface, Invert the bumpstop, re-shape the bumpstop body mounting side so that it fits snugly into the grove on the UCA, what is left is a 20mm bumpstop spacer, drill 2 holes through the bumpstop narrow side, silicone & cable tie the bumpstop to the UCA.
I will post a picture if I can find one.

Selwyn

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Tom
So we agree, it is not the RR spacer that blows the strut, it is the implications of the lengthened travel of the UCA to the bumpstop that causes the shock piston to bottom out before the UCA hits the bumpstop, the same applies to possible overcoiling of the spring. Sorry if the post "reads" wrong, I know that you support the bumpstop issue.

Selwyn

Yes we agree to a point I think. ;):DThe RR spacer is not a good way to go BUT if one wants to cheap out, then it will work for a while with a proper bumpstop installed. Same as with coils to prevent them from stacking and leaves to prevent them from over flexing. OME says you do not have to use bumpstops with their suspension systems BUT this is only if you just install the coils and their shocks with nothing else added. Something else comes into play as well since many do not run stock wheels and tires so bumpstops are then used to keep your fenders intact

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
I have not done a realignment after installing my WesWay Lift. Mainly because my KJ actually drove better after the install than it did before. Some may argue that this is necessary and maybe it is I'm really not sure but I haven't heard the actual reason behind it. However, I was curious to know if I need to install extended bumpstops with my setup? I didn't figure I would but thought I'd ask anyway. I'm more worried about the rear than the front because the isolators actually alter the stock rear bumpstop by lifting it higher inside the spring, so could that cause problems?

Boiler

Reaction score
There is nothing to argue. It is not about tracking straight down the road. Lengthening the strut assembly forces down the LCA and UCA, making the jeep sit higher. This causes misalignment and will wear your tires in a nonuniform way, as well as decrease their traction. Even if the jeep tracks well, it can still be wearing your tires. Alignments should be done after any lift or after considerable additions of weight (in my opinion), or spring sagging.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I threw on a lift of similar height, I didn't align it...it tracked straight and drove great.

It also wore the tires unevenly. Nothing bad, but they didn't wear evenly like they should.

Just get it aligned, trust me.

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
so i took my jeep back to sears today and had them realign the tires, they said they'd fix it for free since i just had it done 2 months ago with my new tires. they said that they were fine though. I've got the print out i'm gonna scan it in a little bit and i'll post it in here.

richar43

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the ease and cost of the wes way lift, but did i miss the instructions on how to do the front end, also since i own a 07 liberty, i read something about needed to use rear brake line relocation brackets, any ideas where to find these?.... thanks for the help......If i can get the funds , I may try this in a few weeks..... this may be a dumb question, what are the socket sizes needed t dis-assemble the front end?