Water leaking into car! Help?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JimsRadJeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As the title says, I have a water leak SOMEWHERE that is causing my carpet in the driver's footwell to become soaking wet.

It's the wet season here in Darwin now and I have to park my car in the open where I live.

Without pulling any trim off yet I can't tell where the water is coming in from.
All I can see is that the rubber seals around the driver's door all seem to be where they should be and in good condition.

My guess is the water is running down the windscreen and in behind that moulded plastic section between the windscreen and bonnet and then somewhere though the firewall??

I'm really hoping someone can tell me this is a known problem with an easy fix! I know I'm dreaming but it was worth a try.

Cheers,
Jim

Last edited:

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
could be that. I think Tim had that issue.

Do you have a sunroof?
There are drains in each corners. If they're clogged, they'll overflow and flood your floor.

JimsRadJeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No sunroof...
Well I will do a proper search on here and google later (when I'm not at work supposedly working).

Was just optimistic that I'd get an easy answer haha.

Boomhawr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If passenger side, I was going to suggest maybe a leak in the heater core, but then it should smell like antifreeze, plus you said drivers side. Good luck and let us know what you find.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The KJ looks RHD in his avatar, so his drivers leak=passenger leak and his toilets flush the other way. :D

Although on a RHD one, is the heater core still on the right?

GunnerSchenck

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I'd take a good look through this thread, do a couple hose tests, if possible with that side slightly lower and the front slightly lower.
If you can't find it, might want to check the cowl area
There's a sticky in the top links of this section, but yours may look a bit different, being Right hand drive as HJ has stated.
Here's a link for places to check, but this seems less likely since it would probably be on your passengers side

http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f196/water-leak-passenger-side-quick-fix-54496/