Vibration at 100 Mph only when accelerating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

a_ibrahem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello every body ,

I have Export Sport 2007 KJ 3.7L ,with 120000 KM on the clock

am using it daily for work and on weekends on desert and mountains

its doing great ,just some vibration issues

the worst when accelerating @ 100 mph and above I get high vibration all over, once I release the pedal the vibration is gone

I feel like its something inside the engine

appreciate your feed back guys

Thx & Regards

hectikart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
x2....why are you going 100+mph in a Jeep....slow down

do you mean 100km/h? since you said you're OD reading in KM....that would be more reasonable and you may have a problem.

a_ibrahem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thx guys for the advise ,
I meant 100 mph or 160 kWh ,and where I live that's actually not much
I know it's a jeep ,but am just concerned about the engine performance don't want to be having some issue like misfiring or bad O2 & knock sensors and I don't know about it

EvilEvoIX

Reaction score
Does it in anyway feel like power surges? Sometimes a missfire is only noticed when an engine is under a load. A bad cv axle can cause a car to shake under acceleration. Yea you have probably only known them to click when they are bad but thats the part the connects to the wheel. If the inner part that connects to the transmission is bad then it could be out of balance. Thats what wrong with my car at the moment just haven't had the time to replace it. Check those things and hopefuly you will solve the problem.

EvilEvoIX

Reaction score
would start with checking your transmission fluid level it sounds to me like the transmission is slipping but what can cause simmaler symptoms is a clogged fuel filter or clogged fuel injectors. I would start with replacing the filter and running some fuel injector cleaner in the gas tank. also check the plugs and wires. The last option would be a sensor going out but it doesnt sound righ because the car would throw a check engine light up. If the fuel filter doesnt work take it to a place that does free diagnostics.

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know it's a jeep ,but am just concerned about the engine performance don't want to be having some issue like misfiring or bad O2 & knock sensors and I don't know about it

160 KWh? your car runs on elecreicity? you mean KPh

Anyway, KJ is not designed to got that speed so the vibrating is obviously normal...once the engine is close to the limit everything is possible.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like stated a KJ is not designed to run those speeds,damn unstable and scary to boot.Just slow down.

Thelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He is in the UAE where all the roads are straight and flat with no speed limit. Most of us on here are in the USA and there is rarely a time it is safe to go 100 mph on a public road and is never legal. We wont be much help to you on this issue.

EvilEvoIX

Reaction score
It should be smooth at 100, it'll probably do 112, wind noise sure, but sever vibration when accelerating, CV joint.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He is in the UAE where all the roads are straight and flat with no speed limit. Most of us on here are in the USA and there is rarely a time it is safe to go 100 mph on a public road and is never legal. We wont be much help to you on this issue.
That is true but it's still not a good idea to do 100+mph in a KJ eitherway regardless where you live as it's still the same vehicle.

a_ibrahem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for the replies

yes i live in UAE ,Dubai the road speed limit is 140 Km/h in some areas i have friends drove up to 300km/h ,but still i appreciate the advise and am not going 160 every day.

for CV joints it will only vibrate starting 160km/h ?
injectors cleaners am using some times like once every 30-50 k
spark plugs changed @ 50k and @100K with no effect
tires are new cooper H/T also replaced @ 100K
recently i replaced front drive shaft with no effect at all also

fuel filter dont really know how to replace , i think its inside the tank with the pump ?

thanks again guys

jinstall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forget these people that keep telling you it is "unstable at those speeds" they have never driven their KJ at those speeds and have no idea what handles like at 100mph or more. I do not know of anyone on any KJ forum that has more 100+mph drive time than I do. I have even tracked my KJ, slalom events and on the Nuerburgring. Is it a good idea to drive your KJ this, not really, can it do it, sure. That is not the issue, the question is can YOU drive at these speeds, as in do you have the proper training to operate at these speeds. The other factor is your KJ operationaly sound to drive at these speeds? Last time I was in the Middle East, all the countries had a national speed limit of 120kph and a stupid bell in the dash to remind you of exceeding that 120kph.

No back to your question. First off, try checking the u-joints first. Second would be the drive shaft, not sure if there is a place in the UAE to check the balance of the DS.

I know this vibration that you are speaking about, mine was at 95-98mph. Mine was a DS issues and had to be taken to the dealer for check. I know longer have it, and lately I have only hit 112mph in it.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forget these people that keep telling you it is "unstable at those speeds" they have never driven their KJ at those speeds and have no idea what handles like at 100mph or more. I do not know of anyone on any KJ forum that has more 100+mph drive time than I do. I have even tracked my KJ, slalom events and on the Nuerburgring. Is it a good idea to drive your KJ this, not really, can it do it, sure. That is not the issue, the question is can YOU drive at these speeds, as in do you have the proper training to operate at these speeds. The other factor is your KJ operationaly sound to drive at these speeds? Last time I was in the Middle East, all the countries had a national speed limit of 120kph and a stupid bell in the dash to remind you of exceeding that 120kph.

No back to your question. First off, try checking the u-joints first. Second would be the drive shaft, not sure if there is a place in the UAE to check the balance of the DS.

I know this vibration that you are speaking about, mine was at 95-98mph. Mine was a DS issues and had to be taken to the dealer for check. I know longer have it, and lately I have only hit 112mph in it.

I hit the 105mph speed limiter often. It's just not meant to do that.

Have you driven any other cars over 100mph? It's like night and day.

Now, am I saying that our poster doesn't have a problem? Not at all! It's probably a problem that is just surfacing, and showing up when he hits a stressful speed for the KJ.

WickedBruce

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I don't think I recall him ever saying he had an issue with his own driving. Just the KJ...

jinstall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And like most people that attempt driving at high speeds, they do not have the driving skills needed, to drive at that speed. The Middle East has some of the WORST drivers I have ever seen. Seatbelts are unheard of and neither are child safety seats. I have seen countless wrecks with bodies strewn all over the road and desert. I have had to recover those bodies as well.

As it has been said many times in driving instruction, the nut that needs to be the tightest on a motor vehicle, is the one behind the wheel.

Last edited:

trent.brown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And like most people that attempt driving at high speeds, they do not have the driving skills needed, to drive at that speed. The Middle East has some of the WORST drivers I have ever seen. Seatbelts are unheard of and neither are child safety seats. I have seen countless wrecks with bodies strewn all over the road and desert. I have had to recover those bodies as well.

As it has been said many times in driving instruction, the nut that needs to be the tightest on a motor vehicle, is the one behind the wheel.

Unfortunately Ive also been there and done that... afghanistan and the horn of africa as well. And sometimes, badly injured people just will NOT go to the hospital.

Anyway, just a comment, dont mean to keep this thread going in the wrong direction.