VA 05-07 ARB Bull Bar Owners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KJJosh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be warned... I failed VA inspection because of the clear bulbs and lens ARB provides for the side marker lamp.I went to 6 different shops (16 dollars every time) :disgust: After a long discussion with ARB they informed me I can replace the bulb with an 1156 amber bulb but warned me it may melt the housing. They really pushed an LED replacement (at my cost).

They will be calling me back on Monday after they call Australia to see if there is an all amber lenses that can be shipped to me. They are now going to look into shipping either amber bulbs or amber lenses now.

Feel free to post this anywhere else you may see fit.

gtommec

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what lamp comes with the ARB? I would have assumed it would have been the standard 3157 that the stock liberty marker lights uses, is this not the case?

And not to be a jerk or anything but why would you go to 6 different shops? after it failed the first time you could have just replaced the bulb and paid the 1 dollar fee to get it reinspected.

KJJosh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The lamp that comes with the ARB is not the factory one as you can see from the below picture. The outside edges of the cover are clear while the inside of the cover is amber (inside is the flasher, outside is parking lamp)

The 02-04 bullbar resuses the factory side marker and flasher

You must be registered for see images attach

The bulb ARB provides is a R5W Bulb which no one seems to make in amber.

Last edited:

gtommec

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The bulb ARB provides is a R5W Bulb which no one seems to make in amber.

ah I see, I knew the light assembly was different but I assumed that they would have used the factory harness and light bulb.

Just an idea but you could just put 1157NA bulbs in for inspection and remove them after you get your sticker. That short period of time would not be enough to melt the housing and it is better than driving around with a rejection sticker.

The sad thing is that it should pass inspection the way it is, some Hondas come with front cornerlights that are both amber and clear (I know that 84-91 Civics do) but they are just giving you a hard time because it is not stock. Funny thing is, My all clear parking lights in my KJ passed inspection in VA because I have amber bulbs in them when technically they are illegal in all states.

Last edited: