Upgrading the front headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our headlight housing is a 7" housing correct?

a buddy of mine got a new Harley and I was checking it out. I noticed his headlight was a 7" LED housing made by JW Speaker. I really liked the way it looked and just the one light with the LED's gave insane visibility at night.

He mentioned how the light is actually made for the Jeep Wrangler to replace the 7" housing for an easy swap. Someone realized they could swap it in to the Harley as well and now it's an option on newer models as well.

I was just wondering if ours is also a 7" round headlight would it be possible to do the same and swap these in place of ours?

I'm certain it's not otherwise we'd see many people on here running them but I figured I'd double check. I really like them a lot but don't want to spend that much to be a failed guinea pig on the matter

8700 Evolution - Other - J.W. Speaker Corporation

You must be registered for see images

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think ours are 7.5-8" I believe. what you could do is mount them and use a rubber insulator or something like that taped to the perimeter of the hole to fill up the gap.

EDIT: Just looked at the price tag. MOTHER OF GOD $780 for them? No thanks I'll just do a hid projector retrofit instead. for less than half

Last edited:

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think ours are 7.5-8" I believe. what you could do is mount them and use a rubber insulator or something like that taped to the perimeter of the hole to fill up the gap.

EDIT: Just looked at the price tag. MOTHER OF GOD $780 for them? No thanks I'll just do a hid projector retrofit instead. for less than half

You can actually get them for around $400 from what I've found. Which is still a lot but yeah much better than the $800 on that site.

I know just seeing the one headlight in action on the Harley the lights are nice. and seeing them on a Wrangler they look pretty sweet too.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can actually get them for around $400 from what I've found. Which is still a lot but yeah much better than the $800 on that site.

I know just seeing the one headlight in action on the Harley the lights are nice. and seeing them on a Wrangler they look pretty sweet too.

You must be registered for see images attach

Ok $400 is alot better than $800. I would definitely be willing to drop an extra $100 just so I wouldn't have to fab it all up myself.

And about the 8 inch measurement, like I was saying I think you could put some black rubber insulation to fill in the gap. probably will look terrible but for that big of a lighting upgrade I wouldn't care at all my stock light output is terrible.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok $400 is alot better than $800. I would definitely be willing to drop an extra $100 just so I wouldn't have to fab it all up myself.

And about the 8 inch measurement, like I was saying I think you could put some black rubber insulation to fill in the gap. probably will look terrible but for that big of a lighting upgrade I wouldn't care at all my stock light output is terrible.

I don't seem to have much of a problem. Perhaps upgrade your bulbs to Silverstar Ultras or the likes?

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I have no problems with my headlights and seeing. Granted I do miss my Mazda 6 becasue it came with HID's so when I first traded that in for the Jeep I felt blind at night. But after I got used to it the normal headlights seem to work just fine for me. I would still love to have those LED headlights instead though. It would mostly be an asthetic thing for myself to show off rather then functional since the ones I got now work just fine though.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya one of my rubicon friends has a set of those that he is going to put in. They look pretty sweet but my 30$ Phillips extreme bulbs suite me just fine as long as I keep my housings from hazing up (been a while since I wet sanded them and they still are clear)

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I run Phillips Extremes and they do just fine for me, don't need the extra lighting around town and on highways. Now when on back roads and its darker than all get out then I have other lights for those times

Members online