Universal Antifreeze

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can give you a coupla few names. :happy175:
Actually, I can't read it. The picture doesn't open up unless I'm an imageshack member, and my eyes ain't that good to read the thumbnail image.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Still can't see the print big enough to read:emotions34:
Some maybe interested:shrug:
but not me.:icon_lol:
I'll run what I know works and works well:Bye:
not sure how much that costs but the right stuff is not expensive anyways

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tom, perhaps you should go ahead and get that grandpaw Cadillac, I hear they're coming with a free vision exam for folks over 60!:joke: :happy175:

I can't read the pic either. It says " Non-phosphate, low silicate,hybrid organic acid technology (HOAT).

Bob

flair1111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
in 3 yrs when your water pump is screwed.....well......

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, it's pretty obviously a true HOAT that's being marketed as universal. That would mean while great for MOPAR, it might not be the best choice for DEXCOOL, etc. applications?

Bob

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, it's pretty obviously a true HOAT that's being marketed as universal. That would mean while great for MOPAR, it might not be the best choice for DEXCOOL, etc. applications?

Bob

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wouldn't put that stuff in a GM requiring DexCool. Though Dex itself is a very destructive Coolant to begin with in the first place that requires you to be on top of it like no tomorrow. That stuff can and will gum up the hoses of a GM car pretty fast when it begins to break down. Reminds me of a Grand Prix that came in, never been flushed. The tank reeked worse than a New York Sewer Line and I'm quite sure what came out probably should have belonged in a New York Sewer System.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't put that stuff in a GM requiring DexCool. Though Dex itself is a very destructive Coolant to begin with in the first place that requires you to be on top of it like no tomorrow. That stuff can and will gum up the hoses of a GM car pretty fast when it begins to break down. Reminds me of a Grand Prix that came in, never been flushed. The tank reeked worse than a New York Sewer Line and I'm quite sure what came out probably should have belonged in a New York Sewer System.
Dexcool is OAT coolant,the name is just trademarked by GM.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is Dexos, and Semi-Dexos. Dexos is Full Synthetic, Semi is just a Synthetic Blend. It used to be known as Surprise Surprise: Dexos 1