Turkey 1 Jeep 0

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Robocody

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey.

Just thought I'd share :cool:

Hit a turkey doing about 70 yesterday... I almost freaked, but I called around and a windshield is only 175 installed from a local guy.

Before you say it, I know what you are all thinking. Yes, I ate it's heart raw to steal it's courage.

Cheers

Attachments

• IMAG0036.jpg
    IMAG0036.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 94
  • IMAG0049.jpg
    IMAG0049.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 73

belvedere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was surprised, too, about the windshield cost on these. I paid $181+tax at Safelite. Less than I expected. Glad your accident wasn't worse!

ephantmon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be more like: Turkey 1, Jeep 2?

I mean, the turkey did some damage to your jeep, but isn't it a classic example of "you should see the other guy"? I'm sure he got the worst of it.

deliciousdaly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hit a big ass florida duck doing about 45, I probbly could have missed it but I got a lift and big tires, i would rather take out the animal than risk rolling my truck. I had to powerwash the bird parts off the truck on the way home but no damage..

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wait, no...

I'm still laughing because Robocody hit a frickin TURKEY.

I swear I've never heard of this before. :D

So have you never seen a bunch of turkeys walking around? I can look out in the yard from my bedroom window and see them walking around in the yard fairly often. If I run out there they try to take off and fly but really they just glide around(were on a hill). I would say he spooked them and they tried to take off or were already gliding around.

Prospect62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh my God I hit a turkey once in an 89 K5 Blazer. I was going about 60...it was standing on the shoulder and when it saw me coming it decided to try and fly away or something...well it flew right into the passenger side of my windshield, busted right through and fell onto my passenger seat, then flopped onto the floor. I remember all my college books that were on the seat got covered in turkey blood!

I really, really wish I could find the pictures...this was before digital cameras. I got some 35mm's of it laying around somewhere...

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang that *****. Glad it wasn't worse. On the funny side, they are hilarious to watch at an attempt to fly. It sounds weird if your close enough to them.

Robocody

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, there was a twenty or so foot embankment on the right side of the road, and I think the turkey was on top of it... I just saw him glide down about 15 feet in front of the windshield, and didn't really have time to react. I hit the brake, but since he was coming from above me, if I hadn't he may have just bounced off the roof :rolleyes:

The girlfriend thought that we had died. I swear, that turkey did more damage to her mind than it did to the Jeep.

But I got her calmed down... The girl that is, and we headed home.

New windshield tomorrow morning :D

LPacker79

Reaction score
Wait, no...

I'm still laughing because Robocody hit a frickin TURKEY.

I swear I've never heard of this before. :D

That's exactly what people said when I hit a mallard duck in my old GMC Jimmy. The worst part was I wasn't allowed to wash the duck bits off of it until the insurance company could look at it. Driving around (in a very small town) with people hollering "What happened??!" got old real quick.

Uncle Krusty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That picture brings back memories...

My wife had the windshiled in her '86 Nissan PU replaced due to a rock fracture that had spread. Less than a month later she was driving down the road when she spooked a vulture engoying some roadkill. :eek:

Impact was at the rear veiw mirror. She stopped by my work, then drove straight to the insurance. You could see the full silhouette of the bird, wings spread and all, in the fracured glass. Took months to get all the glass shards out of the interior.

UK

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
That picture brings back memories...

My wife had the windshiled in her '86 Nissan PU replaced due to a rock fracture that had spread. Less than a month later she was driving down the road when she spooked a vulture engoying some roadkill. :eek:

Impact was at the rear veiw mirror. She stopped by my work, then drove straight to the insurance. You could see the full silhouette of the bird, wings spread and all, in the fracured glass. Took months to get all the glass shards out of the interior.

UK
My mom backed into a pole in her Kia Sportage.

Glass went everywhere including my hair since I was in the backseat.

7 years later, I'm STILL finding glass in random places.

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well down here in south Louisiana we dont have Turkeys but we have these big white birds that are commonly called "ditch chickens" they are a little bigger than a chicken with really long legs
They ***** real easy and hang out in flocks of 50
I spooked some once in my big truck ,55,000# K/W
well truck 5 birds 0
but talk about a mess