Trans service costs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shiftredline

Reaction score
I contacted my dealer for a trans service ( pan drop and filter) and was quoted $295 and the flush was $175. What are you guys paying? Ive done all my other fluids myself but Would rather the dealer do this. I just clicked over 100K.

I called another small shop and they tried to talk me out of the pan drop and just get a flush claiming it would clean the filter as well. I laughed then hung up on him.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
That sounds expensive!
I know sometimes Dealers here have specials on maintenance, unfortunately that is not one of them!
At 100 K you could just have the pan dropped, and new filter installed.
Gosh for the price of the flush, you could almost have an aluminum PML pan with drain plug installed, & do your own fluid drops from there.
Call around get a couple of quotes from different dealers! :gr_grin:

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
look out for groupons.
I was able to do a pan drop for around $45+$15 for the spin on filter at my regular auto garage shop.

I DIY my fluid exchange via dipstick.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The trans flush is a set price at the dealership.Pan drops vary from vehicle to vehicle and have twice the labor cost and more shop supply cost.

100k is way to late anyways for a flush so you need to do the pan drop service and hope for the best.

Shiftredline

Reaction score
Yes I want the filter changed, I bought the jeep with 73k and fluid looks clean, no burnt smell so I figured is time for my 30k servicing of fluids. The trans shifts great and has no issues.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
What transmission would this be? The 45rfe does have the spin on filter in addition to the screen. The flush is about 175 over in my part of MD too. Never priced the pan drop and filter change.

Shiftredline

Reaction score
What transmission would this be? The 45rfe does have the spin on filter in addition to the screen. The flush is about 175 over in my part of MD too. Never priced the pan drop and filter change.

I have the 42. 05 sport

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the 42. 05 sport

295 seems steep for the drop etc, but labor around here is ridiculous. I guess that would get you to that price. I bought mine with about 80k on it back in 07 and I wouldn't even chance a flush back then. I've been doing pan drops and filter changes every 20-25k and no problems. I'm at 174k now.