Tires question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lima.Charlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I already know the lift I want to build, thanks to tommudd but my question is this......What tires do you guys recommend? The reason I am asking is my current tires are in pretty bad shape an d will need to be changed for sure this coming March. I was hoping to get the lift on first but I don't know if I can wait til March for new tires. Any reccomendations?

bmrrwolfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I already know the lift I want to build, thanks to tommudd but my question is this......What tires do you guys recommend? The reason I am asking is my current tires are in pretty bad shape an d will need to be changed for sure this coming March. I was hoping to get the lift on first but I don't know if I can wait til March for new tires. Any reccomendations?

Seeing your from OH also i plan on doing the same thing as you, waiting til spring or even summer to put on my OME springs. So i decided to just order a set of Firestone Winterforce tires, only $72 for 245/70r16s on tirerack and i know they work great since my sisters 03 2WD KJ does just fine with all of this lake effect with them, and she runs them year around (i know your not suppose to but she has about 20k and has had them for 2 years with still good tread left)
Also if you don't want snow tires they have the Kuhmo AT k78s that are $85-90 on tirerack and they look real nice a few people here recommend them!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
used ones till then Boiler just sold a set which would of ran you for quite a while then you could ditch them or resell
just another idea
or Kumhos are good and cheap
I ran mine lifted with 245-70s for about 5 months then sold them to go bigger.

Latest posts

Members online