Tire/wheel issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hsb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Recently my wife's 04 Limited has been loosing air in 3 of the 4 tires, to the point she has to air up the tires probably every 2-3 wks. She has the stock chrome wheels on it, is it possible the rims are leaking or something else. I guess its possible that she has picked up nails or screws in them, but that would be a slim chance. The tires themselves are in great shape. My only other thought would be the valve stems, but I cant believe 3 valve stems could be bad. What say you folks smarter than I? If it wasnt 13* outside Id soap them up and see if I can see a leak, but thats a little too cold for me to be outside playing with water.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I've seen moisture get under the valve cap and into the valve stems and let them leak some in really cold weather, kind of freakish but happens
Only way to tell is to get them wet and check the tread/valve stems etc

hsb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks tommudd, that kind of makes sense, she said she couldnt get air into one tire yesterday because the stem wouldnt go down. Wonder if there is some ice built up under/around the valve stem.

Though she does have the issue in the summer time too, but if there is moisture in there, no matter when I would assume it would cause that issue.

hsb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I got the leak figured out, I think. It seems the valve cores were all loose by about 1/2 turn. Got them tightened down and dont seem to be an issue.

Now another question, if a wheel is replaced by the spare, will the TPMS system still ring off. Is the TPMS system on the Libertys a system that if a tire is changed or switch be "re-learned"?

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
I can only tell you that my 05 relearns by itself. Had a new sensor installed in November ... no "training" needed.

hsb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wife says the TPMS rings off every so often although the tires are full pressure, 35 lbs per tire. Ill do some more checking around and if I learn any different, Ill let you guys/gals know.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.