Tire Pressure Monitor Display Problem?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jas32

Reaction score
I wonder if anyone had experienced this problem.

My EVIC normally displays the tire pressures for all 4 tires. Recently it displays a blank (--) on the LR spot, the other 3 spots show the normal tire pressure reading. I thought, OK the LR sensor went bad and would not display so maybe I need it replaced.

I brought it to Discount Tire and they checked out the LR TPM sensor and found it working properly (with their tester). They also rotated the tires at the same time.

After they did all the work, the EVIC still displays a blank on the same LR spot (even if its no longer the same tire/sensor). I tried looking for a procedure to reset the EVIC and could not find anything on it that pertains to the KJ (I have a 2007 KJ Limited).

I wondered if anyone had this issue before and how was it resolved. Thanks.

desync0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I remember correctly there is no reset for the 05 or 06+ like the older models.

They can force a relearn through the scan tool at the dealer, but you can't use a magnet to reset them anymore.

But even that can be flaky, I had a sensor replaced due to a broken valve stem and even after they reset it a few times, I had to drive about 20 minutes before it finally relearned itself.

It's probably the receiver that took a crap if rotating the tires didn't cause the problem to move to another tire.

jas32

Reaction score
Thanks guys, yes it appears to be a vehicle problem. I was hoping there was a reset procedure so I can avoid a dealer visit. Guess I just have to bring it in.