Time for a new poll...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Give Me an A

A. I bought the Jeep to save myself from having to shovel my driveway in the winter! I'll do some more work on it in the spring, then use it to go easy off roading. To get to back woods fishing spots mostly.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guess I'm an F also.

My KJ is a do-all vehicle. Daily Driver w/occassional off-road use.

I don't really consider myself an "off-road enthusiast." Sure I do occasionally go out just to beat along logging trails and fire roads; but mostly my Jeep is a tool to get me out into the spots where I hunt, hike, and explore.
It also allows me to get out before the plows in the Wisconsin winters.

I think a line needs to be drawn between those who make there Jeeps what they personally need and those who add a bunch of farkles just to impress the neighbors.

The Poll needs really only one question

Are you a poser or not?:smokin:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Mines A to Z
I wheel when I can but all of the good spots are 7-10 hours away, except when I am down home checking fences etc.
I drive it daily, everywhere I go, its all I have
I pull trailers/ haul stuff / whatever is needed
and yes when I "have" to go to the mall once a year it even goes there

But really I don't care if you build your KJ to drive back and forth to work, the mall, the grocery store or you get to off road everyday. What is important is that its yours, you paid for it, you use it the way you want to use it, and you enjoy driving it. You shouldn't give a rats a** what anyone else thinks its yours!

How many older cars do you see with 500-600 horsepower motors and they drive them back and forth to car shows only. Now I wonder if they have polls like this ??? :happy175:

deliciousdaly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to drive on the grass on the sides of communities to put up open house signs. I don't do it anymore because the grass was damp and I got stuck.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Mines A to Z
I wheel when I can but all of the good spots are 7-10 hours away, except when I am down home checking fences etc.
I drive it daily, everywhere I go, its all I have
I pull trailers/ haul stuff / whatever is needed
and yes when I "have" to go to the mall once a year it even goes there

But really I don't care if you build your KJ to drive back and forth to work, the mall, the grocery store or you get to off road everyday. What is important is that its yours, you paid for it, you use it the way you want to use it, and you enjoy driving it. You shouldn't give a rats a** what anyone else thinks its yours!

How many older cars do you see with 500-600 horsepower motors and they drive them back and forth to car shows only. Now I wonder if they have polls like this ??? :happy175:

So what you are saying Tom, is that you are a poser?:D

Last edited:

Paul M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, is pride in yer ride being a poser? If that's the case I'm guilty. But who cares, otherwise I'd buy a Prius and fit in with the suburban crowd (gag).

Ours is for everything except ******** 4WD trails...town, highway, backroads, mountain drives, two-tracks. We love the fact it fits nearly everywhere, unlike the Dodge diesel that fits almost nowhere when the road narrows - but can't haul the 3-horse slant with the Jeep. Plus, the Jeep takes no time to clean up (unlike the Dodge which is like waxing the side of a barn).

A few added do-dads make ours more functional and better than stock, and the roof rack sure makes it easy to find in the mall lot (for those of us who tend to forget where we parked!)

And it's cool.

Red07KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Worst poll ever - what anyone does with/to their own Jeep quite frankly I could care less.

When I was a kid I used to call people posers who didn't skateboard hard. Then when I grew up some. I was still riding my board into my early 20's and having fun I just didn't care - I was happy doing what I wanted.

Life is too ****** crazy and short to worry about measuring it by a Jeep or someone else's expectations of what you do with your Jeep. Drive it and love it. It's a Jeep thing. Period.

Red07KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pump the brakes man, just a little fun.

I agree with the fun part though :party52:

For sure :chillpill:

Way to many callouts sometimes these days vs the "poser crowd" - lets face it - most people use their Jeep as their DD and can't afford or spend the time to turn their Jeep into a massive, rock crawling off-road machine. Some of us would like to - but realize that our main usage will probably be to the mall and the next day up a rough forestry road.

BigRich201

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm only a and c sadly. The closest I get to offroading is driving down unpaved streets or streets that are covered in crators. That's the only bad thing about living in a concrete jungle

Red07KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get it - all in good fun. But why care what someone else is/isn't doing with their Jeep? It appears it's a legitimate concern for some people on here.

:shrug:

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
I simply want mine to be capable of some moderate overland travel. Sure, I've done a little more than that and have been okay, but by no means do I ever intend mine to reach 'rock crawler' status. I don't have any real interest in that.

If I can outrun/run over the zombies during that apocalypse, I'm good to go. :D

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Red07KJ said:
But why care what someone else is/isn't doing with their Jeep?

It's not what a person does or says that makes a poser. It's what a person says and DOESN'T DO that makes a poser.

There is a former member of this forum that was always bragging about his off-road prowess..until Ry invited him to actually get his KJ dirty. (I won't name any names, but it's shown in Ry's sigline.):whip:

Last edited:

sevenhelmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ry, you're a badass wheeling MACHINE and I'm just a mall-crawling poser whose Jeep has never seen anything but pavement.

Feel better? (I keed, I keed) ;)

But seriously... you have been on some amazing trips. I definitely wheel my Jeep, but it's weak in comparison.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For sure :chillpill:

Way to many callouts sometimes these days vs the "poser crowd" - lets face it - most people use their Jeep as their DD and can't afford or spend the time to turn their Jeep into a massive, rock crawling off-road machine. Some of us would like to - but realize that our main usage will probably be to the mall and the next day up a rough forestry road.
Mines a daily driven KJ,just saying.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
A and B I guess.......various pics.

You must be registered for see images attach

Found a "poser shot".....