Thoughts on this set up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thomasd_2004

Reaction score
I have a 2007 without the tow package. I am looking at pulling a utility trailer weighing 950lbs with 2 quads on it Weighing approx 875lbs. The initial trip will be 1000 miles after that maybe once a month doing a 200 mile roundtrip with the same wieght. Would this weight be ok on the jeep being that close to the max 2000lb rating

Minimike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Twice a year my wife and I take our Utility trailer on a 1800km journey, When its loaded its near 2000lbs. We hardly notice it at all. You should be more then ok :)

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Wow ... so much Canadian content in this thread... is the CRTC in charge around here or something? :happy175:

"While under Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission regulations at least 60% of program has to be Canadian-produced, and 50% on prime time..."

Thelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear this. I am thinking of getting a folding camper trailer. Most of the ones I have looked at have a dry weight of around 1,200 pounds. With gear and all they should still be under 2,000.

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wont have any problem with that. This summer we replaced a 4500lbs camper on the fishing camp and it went flawless. Of course It was delivered for the 500km + of road and trail but we towed it for about 250M on a small hill and then reversed it in place and the libby was fine. I do have the heavy duty towing package but for 2000 pound you wont even notice it.

Thomasd_2004

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I was worried about it due to the 1850 lbs of trailer plus all the gear