The Little Things

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tokyojoe1965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was parked next to my friend's `02 Grand Cherokee in a driveway and a few of us were looking at them from the front and everyone commented on how big my KJ looked compared to the WJ. He had just bought brand new GY Wrangler SR/A's (I told him to send them back) so everything being equal (I am not lifted yet):

They said:

1. The front seats sit higher in the KJ (gives us a better view)
2. The upper body is wider and overall it looks wider
3. The eyes (headlights) look more ominous
4. Looks just more bad ass than the WJ

They wanted me to turn on my light bar. They all said "Cool!"

That made my night....well, my night went better after I raked in the money from our night of Texas Hold `em.

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
KJs are awesome. I like mine better than any Jeep I've owned before, and it is just as capable. \:D/

littledude

Reaction score
i like when i can actually haul my 4 wheeler around b/c i have no other vehicle to haul it around, just to let u know i dont actually own the KJ yet,
i will however get it around spring( its my dads)

Hammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What I like about our Limited;
The front & rear end(s) appearance of the KJ.
Heated Mirrors.
Luxury Interior!
Overhead on-board computer system. (forgive me, I forget the proper name).

Mixed Emotions;
Window switches. Took getting used to but it's okay for me now.
Heated Seats*
Rear door opening. Again, took getting used to but I've adjusted. I also agree the auto rear glass lift is nice.
Hood design; Although I really like the '02 - '04 hood / frontend design, I think bug deflectors look horrid on a KJ!
(Btw; snow / rain can drip onto the doors interior of a "Limited" where the elect. mirror & door lock switches are located but thats something most autos have to deal with).

What I dislike;
*Heated Seat Switch, the person who placed the switches on the seat side was a friggin' moron. I'm always toasting my **** before I realize I've bumped that damn switch again. Otherwise, having heated seats is nice when you live in snow country.
The KJ's profile. (Side View). It's not the most attractive vehicle from this view. My post, my opinion.

What I dislike most of all is the lack of really kewl mods for the KJ!! C'mon guys, we're Jeep too! Which brings me to ask.....

Does anyone else feel a sense of pride when sitting at a red light alongside most other SUV's? If it's a Nissan, Toyota or Honda, I think, *** crap and feel proud to be driving an American tradition! However when sitting alongside a BMW X5 or MB SUV, I can't help but think, the closest this guy gets to extreme is a speedbump at the supermarket. I fight the urge to tell him, dude you bought a overpriced grocery-getter. I bite my tongue and just drive away feeling really proud I understand "It's A Jeep thing!"

- Hammer.

jeepmed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like that I'm no longer sacrificing to drive a Jeep. After 3 Wranglers its nice to have the comfort and offroad ability of the Liberty. =D>

bigfella

Full Access Member
Reaction score
However when sitting alongside a BMW X5 or MB SUV, I can't help but think, the closest this guy gets to extreme is a speedbump at the supermarket.

HA! When I lived in Rochester New York those boneheads would run around me in my XJ all summer long then in the winter I'd pull next to them at a light, put it in 4 Hi and drive right away from them. I used to tell them they could go fats when it was nice but I could pull a house and could go everywhere all year round! I even drove in two blizzards just for fun! This was the reason I favored the KJ over any other vehicle...the XJ was a tank and the KJ just picked that up *and* improved alot of it!

2003KJ

Reaction score
Hammer said:
Does anyone else feel a sense of pride when sitting at a red light alongside most other SUV's? If it's a Nissan, Toyota or Honda, I think, *** crap and feel proud to be driving an American tradition! However when sitting alongside a BMW X5 or MB SUV, I can't help but think, the closest this guy gets to extreme is a speedbump at the supermarket. I fight the urge to tell him, dude you bought a overpriced grocery-getter. I bite my tongue and just drive away feeling really proud I understand "It's A Jeep thing!"

- Hammer.

ALL THE TIME!!!! Especially once it starts snowing and all of those so called SUV's are stuck in ditches on the side of the road.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hammer said:
If it's a Nissan, Toyota or Honda, I think, *** crap and feel proud to be driving an American tradition!

I agee that it is nice having a Jeep, being a classic. But I would rather have a Japanese designed/ engineered vehicle then most by the Big Three. I do not recall where I saw it, but DC had three or four of it's vehicles on the top ten worse car list for quality and resale (the Neon was number one).

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
2003KJ said:
Hammer said:

- Hammer.

ALL THE TIME!!!! Especially once it starts snowing and all of those so called SUV's are stuck in ditches on the side of the road.

yep...

(word)

jjo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
roadrunner said:
Visor extenders. Didn't notice for 6 months until someone else pointed it out!! #-o

I just found this out today (by accident)! Very cool little secret.

TRAILN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the high beams are left on (accidentally or intentionally) they will reset back to low beams once the lights off

m0th

Reaction score
Full size spare that's not buried under the stuff in your cargo area
4WD lever instead of a button or switch

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
Tokyojoe1965 said:
Sounds like this topic has turned into the JU website. Badmouthing others.

it's still years behind a typical JU thread.....dont worry..we got an eye on things... :-s

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
SiLveRLiB2k2 said:
Tokyojoe1965 said:
Sounds like this topic has turned into the JU website. Badmouthing others.

it's still years behind a typical JU thread.....dont worry..we got an eye on things... :-s

True at that.

04RkMtnKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The HUGE washer fluid tank so maybe that isnt "a little thing". I havent filled it since my last oil change 3 months ago and just yesterday the lowash indicator came on. I have been using my squirters non-stop in this salty sluchy weather.

Members online

No members online now.