The dreaded U1411

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

evilsteve

Reaction score
Hey Everyone
I bought a 06 Lib limited 3.7 4x4 auto last year. Has about 110k on it. Within about a week the CEL came on with the U1411 code. Its been intermittent. Sometimes it coincides with the gas gauge dropping to empty, but gauge returns to normal within a restart or 2. I found a undisclosed remote start under the dash that looked pro installed, I carefully removed it hoping that was the problem. Nope. Also has a cheesy radio installed and noticed some odd noises over the speakers so I pulled it and found a mess. Looks like it was installed by raccoons.. It looks like it originally had the amps in the doors, but they were replaced and new speaker wire was run to all 4 doors and new speakers thrown in (literally, they are just setting in the door).

So can this be the problem with the Can B bus? The cel was off before I pulled the radio but after I was messing with it the light came on and the gas gauge dropped. And the wiring was a major kludge.
2nd any suggestions on what to replace everything with and are there adapters to use the factory wiring?

Doesn't seem to cause any driving issues but I'm in NJ and the Jeep is do for inspection.
Any ideas?
Thanks

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Download the 2006 KJ Service Manual.pdf below at the link below:

Section 8W has the wiring diagrams...the index page has the DTC Index at the end of the page.

U1411 directs you to page 9-604......go there and follow the instructions. You will need to trace through the wiring diagrams there.....check the wiring from the fuel level sensor etc. to the PCM/BCM through the various connectors... may be a bad connector that needs re-plugging!

Worse case is it is the CAN bus which is not easy to fix but likewise the CAN Bus wiring may have a break in it somewhere or a short to ground!:confused:

www.colorado4wheel.com/manuals/Jeep/KJ/

Last edited: