TCS on the fritz?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Neb1373

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I made a turn out of my friends tonight and shortly after doing about 35 trying to get up to 45 my TCS light started flashing and loss of power... I was only about 1/3 on the throttle and on a level straight road. Now, does the TCS/ESP use the ABS sensors? Could I maybe have a bad rear sensor? This is my first vehicle that has any 3 letter abbreviation(or whatever word I'm looking for) I just wouldn't want a bad ABS sensor to not allow me to stop in time. I dont have my ARB front bumper yet! I am going to go driving around a little bit and see if it happens again and I know I can turn TCS off but would rather not mask the problem if necessary. And I have used my TCS a couple times and I know you can feel tire slippage just a hair and I didn't feel anything at all. Like I said, 1/3 throttle, and dry road.

Neb1373

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I went driving around, nothing weird happened. I even went back and recreated the scene and looking for oil slicks and could t find anything. Checked all tires at even pressure, maybe it was just a random fluke in the electronics???

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I went driving around, nothing weird happened. I even went back and recreated the scene and looking for oil slicks and could t find anything. Checked all tires at even pressure, maybe it was just a random fluke in the electronics???

Check the air pressure in all 4 tires. Make sure they're identical. Maybe it was sitting in the sun and one side had more pressure. Unevenly worn tires will cause this too. Just some suggestions, certainly not an end all...

Neb1373

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That was my very first thought because I just had wheels put in last week. All 4 were even and it was 10pm so the sun hadn't been up for a couple hours...

Neb1373

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All of the wires APPEAR to be fine, however I did notice one thing. One of the front tires made it to the back during the new wheel install and the other front stayed up front. Maybe they were worn just a hair different and something that 1 and only time triggered it. I am rotating the other front tire to the rear now.

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All of the wires APPEAR to be fine, however I did notice one thing. One of the front tires made it to the back during the new wheel install and the other front stayed up front. Maybe they were worn just a hair different and something that 1 and only time triggered it. I am rotating the other front tire to the rear now.

That could possibly do it.

when was your last alignment?

Neb1373

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have not had one. Purchased the jeep in february from a Mazda dealer. I may have it checked soon or if it does it again. It drives straight as an arrow down the road though. I don't even want to measure to see suspension sag although it looks like I have about as much wheel gap or more than other libertys but that isn't always accurate by looking.

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have not had one. Purchased the jeep in february from a Mazda dealer. I may have it checked soon or if it does it again. It drives straight as an arrow down the road though. I don't even want to measure to see suspension sag although it looks like I have about as much wheel gap or more than other libertys but that isn't always accurate by looking.

Yea, better go get an alignment. Should do one yearly at least.

Latest posts

Members online