2003 KJ 3.7L 4WD A/T: Notes on DIY emission control overhaul

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dtennes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am methodically updating all of my fuel/ignition/emission-related circuits, connectors, controls and sensors. The one consistent factor that I have encountered is that AMZN has nothing to offer but bait-and-switch garbage parts.

My go-to for Crown Automotive parts is now Quadratec. Excellent catalog assortment, great Customer Service:

https://www.quadratec.com/

For OEM electronics I am using
1. Mopar genuine for whatever is still being manufactured,
2. Crown Automotive for anything OEM factory-new that is discontinued by Mopar (ex: MAP, IACM, TPS, CKS, CMP), or simply stupid-expensive due to limited availability gouging. This is where Quadratec comes into play.
3. NGK/NTK for spark plugs, and O2 sensors (these are available from Crown thru Quadratec but I went with NTK because of lots of positive KJ-related reviews... saved about $100, hope it doesn't turn out to be a waste of $$$)
4. Bosch for factory-new OEM fuel injectors. Special note: make sure you see "factory new") in the product description for FIs. I had a shop install a "factory new" denso, which turned out to be a rebuild that is getting replaced.

Reactions: klc