TCS and ESP/BAS light on after suspension work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Señor

Reaction score
I had a backyard "mechanic" try to change my front lower ball joints but he ****** literally everything up and now when I start to drive the vehicle, I hear a quick grind noise and then the TCS and ESP/BAS lights come on and then it doesn't grind again until you turn the truck off and back on then drive again.

I assume he destroyed one of the wheel speed or ABS sensors, anyone else have any ideas what it could be?

Rough way to learn my lesson about people "doing me a favour" by working on my vehicle when they're not licensed mechanics.

Jeremy-WI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might want to trace the wires and see if one isn't plugged in. I changed my own on my KJ without any issues and I am not certified

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree with the above. The wheel speed sensor pigtail might not be connected all the way. It's located on the back of the plastic fender liner at the top, attached to it by two christmas tree connectors.

CarlosHRNYC

Reaction score
Ditto with the answers...

I actually changed a sensor myself. Those connectors can get pretty grimey, for obvious reasons.

If it is a loose connector, grab some canned air, clean out both ports and push together until it clicks. Lock the tab and you should be set.

Hopefully that works. Good luck.