Taillight Tinting...sort of

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
OK so I have never liked the chrome going all the way across the KK tail light. Ask tommudd. It has irritated me to no end since the KK even came out.

And those stupid headlights. More chrome than light!!!

But that problem was solved with the invention of the Renegade and Jet editions.

So.... gtommec tinted his tails with Red Nite Shades, which I didn't even know existed. I still want my amber and reverse to stay the color that they are, so I'm just gonna Nite Shade the sides of the tails.

Stay tuned....

You must be registered for see images attach

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score

Should have put a few more layers of Nite Shades on there. :( Oh well, there's always next weekend. :)

gtommec

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was behind a Nitro today and got thinking about this, will Nitro taillights work on the KK for another option as the Nitros taillights look better than the KKs IMO

Sorry for the hijack Marlon :D

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
You guys need new glasses.

Nope, they won't work. :) The Nitro and Liberty don't share a single body or interior panel.

Last edited:

gtommec

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys need new glasses.

Nope, they won't work. :) The Nitro and Liberty don't share a single body or interior panel.

Meh, like I said i was just behind a Nitro and thought the dimensions looked the same, I didn't actually compare them (and now that I have I see they are completely different sizes)

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Meh, like I said i was just behind a Nitro and thought the dimensions looked the same, I didn't actually compare them (and now that I have I see they are completely different sizes)

I've driven and compared all 3 of them up close..... KJ/KA/KK.... you'd be surprised at how similar yet very different all 3 of them are. :)

I just wish they would have taken a more drastic styling difference with the KK and KA... they COULD have but CHOSE NOT to, and STILL could have sent them down the same line. ;)

Sorry I just get tired of explaining that I drive a Liberty, NOT a Nitro. (But I will admit, this is to people that pay absolutely no attention to anything or even the (censored) logo on the steering wheel... or hood... or tailgate...)

I say that all the time... is it really THAT hard to see that if nothing else, the Nitro is bigger?!

Uh-Oh, this has now turned into a rant thread. lol3.gif

Geep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know if this has been covered but you can dye plastic by boiling water with clothing dye in it and drop the plastic item in the water and let it soak up the dye. Sorry if this has been covered.

gtommec

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've driven and compared all 3 of them up close..... KJ/KA/KK.... you'd be surprised at how similar yet very different all 3 of them are. :)

I just wish they would have taken a more drastic styling difference with the KK and KA... they COULD have but CHOSE NOT to, and STILL could have sent them down the same line. ;)

Sorry I just get tired of explaining that I drive a Liberty, NOT a Nitro. (But I will admit, this is to people that pay absolutely no attention to anything or even the (censored) logo on the steering wheel... or hood... or tailgate...)

I say that all the time... is it really THAT hard to see that if nothing else, the Nitro is bigger?!

Uh-Oh, this has now turned into a rant thread. lol3.gif

I was actually talking about the dimensions of the taillight, not of the entire truck...I knew the Nitro was bigger lol

Latest posts

Members online