SWMBO got herself the Liberty today...pics included

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L

lil black liberty

Lets do it!
I bet I'd win. driver skill+newer engine+LTT CAI=faster jeep. :D:D:D:p:p

LTT Cai here as well, No lift Drag, Oh did I mention 1000lbs lighter, B&G Performance PCM finally got here, and an amsoil performance filter, and true dual exhaust.. Where you top out @ 110mph mine cuts out at well over 140mph.. So I think I have a slightly faster Jeep :D

Not to mention the new throttle body from fastman that's coming and when I get a chance maybe have them look at a shot of nitrous..:p

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LTT Cai here as well, No lift Drag, Oh did I mention 1000lbs lighter, B&G Performance PCM finally got here, and an amsoil performance filter, and true dual exhaust.. Where you top out @ 110mph mine cuts out at well over 140mph.. So I think I have a slightly faster Jeep :D

Not to mention the new throttle body from fastman that's coming and when I get a chance maybe have them look at a shot of nitrous..:p
I'll race youdrive.gif

Though I get to choose the race locationhah.gif

Jeepin05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha this thread has really turned...

Out of Budke and LilBlack, I'll have to say LilBlack will take a drag race simply due to the weight reduction (that does help a lot). What do we have for HP stock, like ~210? I would say with LilBlack's mods, he might be pushing 230-240hp...

But...you would be surprised what upgraded suspension and good tires do for launching during a race so it might be a close one (wait...Budke is working on the tires).

As for TJ, I'm thinking he would prefer to race off the pavement :)

A Liberty goin 140mph? I would LOVE to see that :). Haha I'm not hatin, just goin with the flow...

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nitrous in a 3.7? Let's see how long that engine lasts. :D I forsee a/many chipped piston(s) in your future.

Boiler

Reaction score
I need a downhill to break 90...

As with everyone I see in stock tires, the ST's are crap. Get just about anything else.

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My tires have barely 10k on them. :rolleyes:
They rule on dry pavement. Its really hard to get these to break loose. Never once been able to peel out without having my foot on the brake.

Somethings wrong with your ride dude. With the stockers I was able to leave mean streaks from a stop. With the 265s on I can break 'em free and with the 10.5 MTs on I can spin them too. I'm sure that the exhaust, Jet chip and intake help some.... Sure your engine was rebuilt and not just washed?:D

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score

....140 mph eh?
You realize that a far more aerodynamic '94-95 5.0L Mustang Cobra with 30 more horsepower struggled to reach that when stock, right?

You realize the 300 hp Cadillac Eldorado Touring Coupe of the same vintage, also far more aerodynamic, had a top speed of EXACTLY 140 mph right?

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
....140 mph eh?
You realize that a far more aerodynamic '94-95 5.0L Mustang Cobra with 30 more horsepower struggled to reach that when stock, right?

You realize the 300 hp Cadillac Eldorado Touring Coupe of the same vintage, also far more aerodynamic, had a top speed of EXACTLY 140 mph right?

:eek:

Kayy... 140mph? Wow, I've only owned one car that clocked 140, that was my straight six '78 280z. Given normal speedo inaccuracy, I estimate it was probably really going 133-135 or so-- predates GPS so I couldn't verify. The 280z was a highly aerodynamic car as well, very low to the ground.

Even if you could get a libby up to 140... I'm not realy sure you'd want to.

Boiler

Reaction score
....140 mph eh?

Really? That was not the boxy 80's body style still was it? I had a friend in college, this was probably in about 1997, that took me for a ride in his Cobra (I'm not sure what year it was), and that thing accellerated from 120 to 140 like my Camaro did from 60 to 80. Granted my Camaro wasn't that fast, but I'm just saying it was still pushing me into the seat...

At 140 I was obviously a little distraught, as we were driving on River road, and he eased off. No matter the town, "River road" is not the one you want to do 140+ on. Fun if you can stick the curves, not so much if you can't.

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At 140 I was obviously a little distraught, as we were driving on River road, and he eased off. No matter the town, "River road" is not the one you want to do 140+ on. Fun if you can stick the curves, not so much if you can't.

While driving on standard street tires probably rated for 90mph.

Speaking for myself, while it was fun and crazy to drive that fast when I was young and foolish, I'd never do it again. I remember that feeling with the dashed lines on the highway just a blur underneath the vehicle. I suppose there are things that everyone should do once, but had I had some kind of a failure, tire blowout... I probably wouldn't be here today.

Wakko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

I'll race you both in my Tahoe and I guarandamntee you that you won't win. :cool:

Wakko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know either one of you two, but how about creating your own thread and stop taking a steaming crap in mine?