SWMBO got herself the Liberty today...pics included

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wakko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Small update with the truck: We brought it back to the dealership today to give them the title to the Saturn, and I mentioned to them that I was a little annoyed that it was sold with dirty oil. The oil decal on the windshield read that it was due at 9k miles or 11/09, and clearly it was well over that. After initially stating that the car had gone through their inspection process and that it was fresh oil, they admitted that it had slipped by and didn't get the change. They did it on the spot for free, of course. I mentioned that the battery was crapping out and that the car was a little slow to start, and they went ahead and replaced it with a new battery for free. Apparantly the car had never been inspected after lease turn in, just tossed out on the lot. Recall was verified to have been completed, and the girlfriend is happy to have had the work done quickly. Boyfriend (me) is happy to have not had to pay for it on Thursday like we originally had planned. Friday is the visit to the Dent Wizard for the two door dings, and it will look nearly showroom. Guess I can spend that money on an K&N or something, right? :)

Midgear

Reaction score
I wouldn't spend it on a K&N eek2.gif - but if you want to, go for it lol. I like the idea that water can't get into my intake untill the water level reaches over the headlights.

liberty84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Small update with the truck: We brought it back to the dealership today to give them the title to the Saturn, and I mentioned to them that I was a little annoyed that it was sold with dirty oil. The oil decal on the windshield read that it was due at 9k miles or 11/09, and clearly it was well over that. After initially stating that the car had gone through their inspection process and that it was fresh oil, they admitted that it had slipped by and didn't get the change. They did it on the spot for free, of course. I mentioned that the battery was crapping out and that the car was a little slow to start, and they went ahead and replaced it with a new battery for free. Apparantly the car had never been inspected after lease turn in, just tossed out on the lot. Recall was verified to have been completed, and the girlfriend is happy to have had the work done quickly. Boyfriend (me) is happy to have not had to pay for it on Thursday like we originally had planned. Friday is the visit to the Dent Wizard for the two door dings, and it will look nearly showroom. Guess I can spend that money on an K&N or something, right? :)

lol yea just like my wife....it gives her piece of mind just by knowing it's in GOOD working condition, I'm like that too sometimes

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Would not waste money on KN "filter" they are not as good as a STP,or FRAM paper filter.

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't spend it on a K&N eek2.gif - but if you want to, go for it lol. I like the idea that water can't get into my intake untill the water level reaches over the headlights.

Hey Midgear, go get a flashlight and check the bottom of your factory air box. See those wee drain holes? If water gets to the bottom of the headlights and fills the airbox over the airinlet (because water will come in through the wee holes) which also happens to come in at the bottom of the airbox, guess what? Your engine becomes a waterpump. Don't get to confident when crossing streams. Oh, and water over the headlights means you've contaminated your diffs too.

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
Really? That was not the boxy 80's body style still was it? I had a friend in college, this was probably in about 1997, that took me for a ride in his Cobra (I'm not sure what year it was), and that thing accellerated from 120 to 140 like my Camaro did from 60 to 80. Granted my Camaro wasn't that fast, but I'm just saying it was still pushing me into the seat...

At 140 I was obviously a little distraught, as we were driving on River road, and he eased off. No matter the town, "River road" is not the one you want to do 140+ on. Fun if you can stick the curves, not so much if you can't.

'94-5 had the 240 hp 5.0L, '96-98 have the 305 hp DOHC 4.6

Latest posts

Members online