SWMBO got herself the Liberty today...pics included

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sleeve

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Escape I got for my wife less than a year ago has already surpassed the mileage on that KJ! I bet that KJ was really taken care of.

Edit: Here's a list of the "common" things that go wrong with the KJ

As reported already 2005+ MY's have a known window regulator problem resulting in constant failures. There is a fix now, but it costs you money at the dealership.

The rear body seam behind the flipper glass, on the back of the KJ, is where rust starts forming. Try to keep that area clean. And check underneath the 3rd brake light. There are plastic tabs that rub on the body, eating away the paint which can lead to rusting. The final area to check is the rear door seams because poor drainage there lends itself to rust.

The speedometer sensor plugs into the top of the diff and on the parking brake cable can rub / fray through the sensor wire. If you see intermittent speedometer operation - chances are this wire needs repair.

The multifunction stalk (turn signal side) can cause the dash lights to flicker. Not a huge issue but if you notice that your dash lights flicker brighter for a brief moment, it’s because of the stalk. You can replace the stalk if you encounter issue and the flickering becomes a issue.

The HVAC resistor block fails in these about every 2 or 3 years with constant use. The repair is easy. Simply drop the glove box, remove the two screws and remove/replace to regain control of all 4 HVAC speeds again. This fix costs about 17 dollars US.

Change the spark plugs every 30K miles and use the basic Autolite double platinum or a copper plug and remember to only use the dealer for transmission flushes [so the dealer can reprogram the computer each time]

Last edited:

Wakko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good stuff to know. Her dad bought her an extended warranty through Chrysler, so hopefully that will keep her covered, but other than the regulators I'm not expecting any problems. Her current commute is only 8 miles each way, and she won't be back in school for another six months. We still have to go through and find the jack, verify the spare is good and so on. My '09 Tahoe has nearly double the miles that her KJ does, and I hvaen't had it a year yet. :)

Odd question: The owner's manual is in the green canvas pouch. Where is that supposed to live? There's no storage space in this thing and it won't fit in the glovebox. Hate to put it in the door and use up that space too.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Couple of items to elaborate on:

1) Jack is under the passenger rear seat

2) Manual/Pouch goes into a slot above the glovebox. Open the glovebox and look between it and the grab handle.

3) There is no speed sensor on top of the diff on the 2007 - the wheel speed sensors serve this purpose.

Oh, and ABS - it seems some 2007's have issues with the passenger rear harness going bad. Good deal on the extended warranty - she should have no worries for a LONG time then!

If you have any issues or questions, please feel free to ask me! I've had a few issues with my 2007 that I maybe be able to help with. Again, with the extended warranty you should be in good shape!

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
With all this info we're divulging, should we tell him where the ejector seat button is? Since he's going to be the passenger and all, ThunderbirdJunkie thinks this information would only harm him...but with HER being the Jeeper...it's pertinent information if he gets out of line.
Just sayin'.
Also, Jeep Green looks better on the Sport than the Limited, ThunderbirdJunkie must say. Just needs a lift and man tires!

Warren.fischbeck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With all this info we're divulging, should we tell him where the ejector seat button is? Since he's going to be the passenger and all, ThunderbirdJunkie thinks this information would only harm him...but with HER being the Jeeper...it's pertinent information if he gets out of line.
Just sayin'.
Also, Jeep Green looks better on the Sport than the Limited, ThunderbirdJunkie must say. Just needs a lift and man tires!

Shouldn't it be a lift and "tire augmentation"?

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
Just sayin'.

LOL didnt he say it was 2WD???

RageOfFury

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's all a girl needs is 2WD. Give her 4x4 and she will run the Jeep in 4PT on a dry road. Kaboom goes the t-case peepwall.gif

L

lil black liberty

2wd jeeps are useless!
Its like having a declawed tiger..... :p

Yeah 2WD's are useless, I bet your damn 4WD couldn't keep up with this 2WD how much you wanna bet? I'll lay down a pink slip.. Jeep Vs Jeep and that way I can finally shut you up