Sway bars, rubber replacement-OEM/aftermarket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gunpowder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am in the middle of an OME shock/coil upgrade. the 255K KJ swayed in the wind and everything is original including the shocks so I was definitly swaying in the wind. I am doing my own work but the mechanic who originally looked at it said I also needed a new rear anti-sway bar. Ya I know many say pitch it. Others say they reinstalled a new one and noticed a tighter drive.

While I have the front apart I wondered if I should go ahead and replace all rubber or at least start with the parts I have unbolted (control arms, etc). So replace with parts from Napa/autozone or are there better upgrades that are reasonably priced.

So probably need to look at rear sway and front control arms and any other rubber. With the OME upgrade I am assuming basic over counter products will work fine?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
With the amount of miles I would replace all that I could, sway bar bushings and links in front for sure . Look over all other bushings. Are you replacing your front UCAs? Bet they are almost toast as well.
Then as soon as you install the lift rear driveshaft u-joints will start complaining as well most of the time.

As far as the rear sway bar it does nothing at all, only attaches to the lower control arms. Ran the 04 over 190,000 miles with out one. I think I have 5 or 6 laying around down home in my pile of metal

Just answered over on Fakebook as well I'll bet, seems like you LOL

Last edited: