Suspension issues?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Markus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well i've gone wheeling a few times and I know this question is going to be a little too general and not specific enough but here it goes...

While riding around town I don't notice it as much, maybe a little but it's a jeep, but as soon as I hop on the thruway, the Kj has been shaking like mad. The entire thing, and it's almost like it's not aligned or catching on the pavement as well as it should.

What would be your first course of action towards finding out the problem? Tire pressure? Alignment? Think something was knocked out of whack?

Again I know this is way too general, and I didn't provide specifics, but what would your first course of action be to diagnose the problem?

Thanks guys.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1st remove wheels and clean the inside area real good(mud packed rims shake at high speeds),have tires balanced,KJ aligned and then see if the vibs come back.

If they do you got other issues.

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To add to that.... peel off the skids if you have them and clean the muck out from between the skids and the engine/trans. I've had vibe issues because of mud packed in not letting the motor flex in the mounts. The exhaust crossover, from drivers side to pass side was encased in mud that turned to cement when it dried. I cleaned it out and the vibes went away.

Members online

No members online now.