Suspension Sag Measurements

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
As is usual, the Wrangler sites are full of idiots, pavement princesses, and the infamous Mopar Dudes.

Hoping someone around here has center cap to fender flare age measurements for a JLU Rubicon.
I know mine is getting tired, but trying to get an idea of how soon I gotta get the OME stuff in.

Doing triage on my long list of stuff to get done before field season.

Drag Line

Reaction score
Stock ‘22 Sahara, 10k miles = 21”.

This is NOT a Rubicon

A Rubicon may be different but it should get you in the ballpark.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Sooo, what are your measurements? How close is your height to mine?
Been occupied with bad weather. I seem to remember reading the Rubicon sits higher stock than the Sahara package by an inch or so…but will have to dig through my notebook on lunch tomorrow and get the tape measure out.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'll measure mine today or next time I have it in the garage on flat ground. I think mine has some sagging going on, especially from the winch (added a 3/4" spacer up front but still think it sags). My understanding is that there's no such thing as "Rubicon" springs, but that higher optioned JLs get higher spring rates (and most Rubicons are optioned better than a sport), so putting those springs on a sport will make it sit higher. Rubicons mostly sit higher from the tires and look higher from the Highline front fender flares.

I'm looking to lift mine too - right now I'm between the Clayton 1.5" kit with fox shocks and the dynatrac Endurosport 2" kit with fox shocks. I want to like the OME kit but can't find a ton of people that have ran it.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
I'll measure mine today or next time I have it in the garage on flat ground. I think mine has some sagging going on, especially from the winch (added a 3/4" spacer up front but still think it sags). My understanding is that there's no such thing as "Rubicon" springs, but that higher optioned JLs get higher spring rates (and most Rubicons are optioned better than a sport), so putting those springs on a sport will make it sit higher. Rubicons mostly sit higher from the tires and look higher from the Highline front fender flares.

I'm looking to lift mine too - right now I'm between the Clayton 1.5" kit with fox shocks and the dynatrac Endurosport 2" kit with fox shocks. I want to like the OME kit but can't find a ton of people that have ran it.
According to Jeep, they claim the Rubicon package suspension is a "...factory 2" lift..." on the JLs. Then as I study more, it appears the Sahara package has the same suspension with different travel. After communicating with ARB on the subject, they claim their "two inch" lift kit for Wranglers only gives a half inch or so on the Rubicon package as they are higher stock relative to a Sport. As I trust ARB far more than Jeep, I suspect the OE rubi sits about 1.75" higher than the sport.

As soon as the next blizzard is finished I'll find a level spot and figure the mess out.

I'm not going to lift Khan- The stock height is perfect for my application as are 33" tires. I'm going OME for suspension only to ride better and support these massive steel bumpers I have sitting here.

The Fixer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you still need measurements, I can get 'em for you this week. My son has a stock '20 JLUR.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Got it all figured out, about a half inch sag all around, so worn but not smashed.

Members online

No members online now.