Such nice people....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Thing is, nothing will convince them that the KJ is a real Jeep, so why even waste time trying?

(That Jeep is also heavily modified, so it almost serves no purpose in helping the cause.)

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I did post any of those pics, they would say thats .02% of the libertys that actually DO go offroad.. I personally have seen more libertys offroad, but that may be do to the fact I go offroad with a libby club.. hehe..

And they would say that seths libby isnt 'stock' since it has a SFA.

jerbacher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
heres the funny thing. obviously, some jeeps are more off roadable then the liberty. (XJ, TJ, YJ) But, even still, the majority of any jeeps that I see, including TJs are unmodified with the stock tires. And a lot of the time, being driven by women. so whats the big deal? 99% of the XJs you see are still being driven by soccer moms just like the KJ! Just because most XJs are driven as mall crawlers does not mean thats all it can do, and the same holds true for our KJs.

kjpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
42RE im fairly sure.. thats what our 94 grand has.. Weve never had any issues out of it..
We never had any sort of mechanical issues with it. It is just a horrible match with the 4.0L engine. That thing was constantly downshifting at freeway cruise speeds, and other inopportune times... well except when I actually wanted it to downshift, then it was 1) press the gas pedal, 2) grab a drink of your soda while you wait for the transmission to realize that the engine is now at redline, 3) Put your soda down, 4) brace yourself for the whiplash inducing downshift! That WJ was not an enjoyable experience.:mad:

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^hahahaha.. The AW4 in the xj's is the ONLY ****** Ive liked in a Jeep. My mothers hemi seems to be good too, but I find myself shifting it with the autostick.. I love that thing.. I would never let the ****** shift on its own..

SoDakJeep

Reaction score
who cares....it doesnt matter what make model brand of car or truck you get. I had a car and all you would do is get shit from the hondas and other cars....it doesent matter ahaha let um say it and then shut um up when you pull um out....haha

icarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've noticed some of these so called 'jeepers' wail and complain every time a new jeep comes out that doesn't meet their exact requirements. It's my opinion these people are backwards and are against progress of any kind. I am fairly new to jeep and jeep forums and have noticed there are some pretty closed minded people there. It makes me think my next vehicle should be a toyota.:rolleyes:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've noticed some of these so called 'jeepers' wail and complain every time a new jeep comes out that doesn't meet their exact requirements. It's my opinion these people are backwards and are against progress of any kind. I am fairly new to jeep and jeep forums and have noticed there are some pretty closed minded people there. It makes me think my next vehicle should be a toyota.:rolleyes:

Don't let ignorant people govern your actions.

Dave

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
I've been there. Many times I used to want to get rid of my Jeep just because of the mentality of the web-wheelers. They don't represent the majority of the population. I decided that I will do whatever I want with my Jeep and buy whichever Jeep I want and I no longer care what they think.

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone notice the lack of replies after tjkj2002's post? LOL. That's probably because everyone on there is still mapquesting to find out WTF Moab even is.....

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it's hilarious that a bunch of "Jeep people"...(if you can call them that), are actually trying to steer someone towards a Ford Escape HYBRID instead of a KJ....and they said that the Escape rides better, that's a load of crap because that's what my mother traded for her '05 KJ and the KJ rides a hell of a lot better than the Ford did......this is driving me nuts, I hate ignorant people.

Lizzys07Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know about you guys, but the whole topic is fairly amusing over there.

As stated numerous times already, there is always the "war" going on with Jeep people. Many Jeep owners are snobs...my Jeep is better than yours...my $##! is bigger than yours, etc.
Pretty juvenile.

It's fun to think that all those people on that forum attempt to convince each other that their Grand Cherokee, or any model for that matter, never hits the pavement, and going to work requires 4-low everyday. It's easy to talk crap over the internet, easy to pump yourself up more than the next guy, easy to exaggerate the difficulty of a trail, easy to say "I made it through a trail...and the Liberty couldn't even make 5-minutes". There's always going to be the wanna-be tough internet cowboys...and then meeting them in person is always a different story.

I bought the Liberty for my wife, she wanted it, it was Valentine's Day, she deserved it and she got it. With that said, the Liberty isn't my daily driver, it's hers. So when I get the opportunity to drive around in it at night or on the weekends, we always have a good time...whether it's finding some new hill to climb, new trail to experience, or just cruising some dirt road. Every time I get to drive it, I always enjoy it and have a smile going.

Normal people buy vehicles they want and make sense. Snobs buy vehicles they think other people want.

It's takes a super ******** guy to talk crap about someone else's vehicle on the internet. I strive to make such an accomplishment one day, as others have done before me. Until that day arrives, I guess I'll have to continue to drive around in the Liberty and be secure with myself.(whistle)

Besides, most of these "internet cowboys" are just fat, single, middle-aged guys sitting in front of their computer in their underwear, browsing for **** while waiting for a response during their "internet fight".

Super tough, super scary people...don't mess with them! :D

icarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Take on the Liberty!

Those guys are all wrong!

Unlike them, I actually own a liberty. And yes, while it is not the best off road vehicle in the world bone stock, it is not bad. Fact: It has a low range and high range 4x4 command-trac transfer case, the same as the wrangler. Fact: It has a short wheel base with excellent departure and exit angles. I have actually driven the liberty off road and found it to be surprisingly better than expected. It can crawl up and down steep hills. It's small so it can fit in tight spots. It also has excellent traction when fitted with off road tires, not the stock ones. Yes, it may look a little too civilized for the dirt to some, but it does a much better job than some would have you believe.

The liberty's weak spot is its low ground clearance under the engine skid plate, but when fitted with a lift kit and larger tires it is much improved. The other 'weak' spot is the IFS but not for the reasons you may think. The IFS limits the amount it can be lifted but other than that it does not destroy its off road abilities in my opinion. I have yet to come across anything that I could not do because I have IFS. I admit, I do not go extreme rock crawling but then not many WJ's or XJ's that I see are doing that either. While you could theoretically modify a liberty to do rock crawling. Why bother when you can buy an old cheap wrangler and use it for such abuse. After all who wants to abuse a brand new $30K plus vehicle rock crawling? No, will the liberty hating rock crawlers of the world please sit down and shut up. The liberty is an off-road vehicle for people who do not like rock crawling but do not like to get stuck while driving to the back woods cabin. And in that it excels.

No, the people who bash the liberty are more concerned with image than with actual capability. They simply do not like the looks of it. It's reminds me of when I was a kid I liked the looks of the Porche 911 with its curvy lines and its womanly hip shape at the rear. While a friend with much less taste than me hated it. I like the looks of the liberty and it is one of the reasons I bought it over the Nissan Xterra. Maybe those liberty hating rock crawlers should try getting a little class into their lives. They probably have knocked out most of their few teeth and brain cells from using their heads as skid plates. What a bunch of backwards hillbillies! haha!lol3.gif

SAF16055

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ATV crowd is very much the same, if they don't have mud packed in the crack of their ass they just ain't happy and have a meltdown whenever something new and improved comes along.

The wife and I have enjoyed tooling along in our KJ on less than perfect surfaces while being relatively comfy, dry, clean and the cd player not skipping.
There is nothing wrong with being comfortable out there.

2003KJ

Reaction score
Thats OK, let them go right on ahead and tell him to by an Escape. He's a big boy, he knows how to use the Google, if he would like to have honest answers about the KJ, let him come to us.