Stock Jack not Tall Enough

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LiberatorBB

Reaction score
I recently Frankenlifted my KJ and put on 245-75-16s and my stock jack no longer lifts the front tires off the ground. Anybody know of a jack I can buy that's a bottle jack, tall enough, and has the U shape at the top? Thanks

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Carry a couple of short 2x6's with you to set the jack upon. If you have a manual trans, those blocks could also come in handy to use as a wheel chock should your parking brake stop working.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
I bought a bottle jack as well. Like Cactus, I still need to carry a couple 2x6 scraps screwed together.

eyehatetofu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use a 12 inch hunk of 4x4 with the stock jack. Fits under the front seat when not in use. I only use that for road side issues. I have a floor jack for home use.

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now I gotta go test my jack and see if it still reaches. Hope I don't jinx myself, but in all my 38 years of driving, I have never had a flat tire. No sh.... kidding!! ;)

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Stock jack works , just have to know where to use it.

Here is an example since this comment comes up all of the time from people who just lift
with 32 inch tires rear lower control arm bracket on the rear diff is about 11.5-11.75 inches, stock jack goes up past 18 inches , now to me that is plenty to lift a KJ off the ground to change a tire

Last edited:

LiberatorBB

Reaction score
It works for the rear, it just can't lift the front from the jack point in the instructions on the jack. Where should I lift it at for the front wheels?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
It works for the rear, it just can't lift the front from the jack point in the instructions on the jack. Where should I lift it at for the front wheels?
Under the control arm
works until you install 40s then you'll need another jack

Works buddy of mine got his lift parts in one weekend I was out of town, couldn't sit there and wait for me and use of the garage so he even installed his lift in a gravel driveway with the stock jack. Just have to think outside of the box at times

Last edited:

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
I just use the standard (notched) lift point for the front. Actually I lift just behind the notch and put my jack stands in the notch.

You just need a solid block of wood under your jack... to give you a boost.

Caveat : Always block your wheels!

LiberatorBB

Reaction score
Ah that works! Glad I don't need a new jack or modifications. Thanks

Attachments

• IMAG0894.jpg
    IMAG0894.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 41

Latest posts

Members online