stock 02 liberty lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

veney

Reaction score
Hey everyone, im kinda new at this but i got a 02 liberty renegade handed down from to me. Its in reaaallly good condition, ive done a few things to it, just looks, blacked out the lights, de badged it, painting fenders and bumpers black. I reaally want to make this thing go off roading, my buddies have rubbicons and tjs and i want to take mine with them on there trails, but i know there's alot of things to worry about when lifting a vehicle, especially for off roading. I was looking at JBA's 2 inch and 3.5 inch lift. Im new at this with lifting and what not but im wondering what else would i need with this lift, extra parts that i could buy right when i get my lift so i dont break anything. Thanks people!

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will kindly suggest that you check this out before you get eaten alive:
http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f203/lift-faq-read-before-asking-questions-47137/
In the future it will be a good idea to search before posting.

Josh is dead on - lots of info in that thread.

You're on the right track. Get the OME 1.5 inch lift (which will give you a good 3 inches of actual lift) using the components in that thread. Another option is the Ironman lift from JBA. TomMudd says it will give you a good ride and about a 2.5 inch lift. About $100 less expensive too.

When you've read through the thread come back here with your specific questions and we'll walk you through the installation.

Bob

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you will ********* plan on springs for a wench bumper and sliders as it will add weight to the front end and will make it sag some if you don't.

veney

Reaction score
I was really looking into the JBA 2.5 inch suspension lift the best one you can get out of the the three packages, come with:
2.5" JBA Adjust-A-Strut Fox front coilover system
Al's Gen 4.5 A-arms
Swaybar Disconects
JBA Cut Down Front CV axles
Stainless Steel brake lines
2.5" rear springs
2.5" Fox rear shocks
Front bump stops
Installation instructions

And i know when i get this i know i will be able to clear bigger tires but the question is how big can i go with this lift, im thinking about cutting my front bumper right under the turn signals and cutting the fog light area right out, so that will eliminate some rubbing issues, is it all in the front of the fender with the rubbing issues? and i just want to basically know is that the only thing ill need to put bigger tires on, a lift? I know i heard about re gearing to 4:10 and some other joints i need to re place. But specific details on what i would need to run bigger tires, preferably 32 or 33 inch tires

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
With the 2.5 inch lift you'll need to stay with 245-75-16s
and you won't have to regear
will help but not needed
For 265-75-16s then you'll need 4 inches of lift
and of course 4.10s

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could lift it and fit 32's
You could regear and turn those 32's easy
But unless you lock at least the rear you will not
follow a TJ with the same size tire
Facts of IFS

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been running 265s with out a 4” lift for two years only a 2 1/2 tweeked to just short of 3”

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I've been running 265s with out a 4” lift for two years only a 2 1/2 tweeked to just short of 3”

You can sure
But not for me
I like to have some room to fully flex out and turn
Plus have you regeared? Can't remember if not .....................

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes regear and remolded new front tubs and air dam its that dang rear tri-link I can't make happy. Maybe JBA is the way to go but Tjkj said that he's seen some bend. So watching closely maybe try myself as I need to change the UCA again.

Latest posts

Members online