02 jeep liberty limited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Totpetey

Reaction score
Hello I have a 02 jeep liberty limited and I see that I have a water leak on the driver side front and back seat and also on the passenger side back seat I was looking for the cowl drains but I cannot find them i also wanted to know what other area could this water be coming in from I only see it leak once i run water from the bottom of the window into the cowl area can someone help me and how many drains does the cowl has I do not have a sunroof

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a drain pipe for the Air Conditioner.....after driving for a long time in warm weather with aircon ON ice forms and water will drip onto the ground when you stop....I have this every day when I pull into my garage!

There have been reports that if this drain pipe is not fitted properly then the water flows onto the front LHS footwell!

Totpetey

Reaction score
I checked that and it's good what about the cowl drains cause it leaks onto the inside when I run water on the cowl area

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check around the high level rear brake light and the rest of the roof for rust holes, also if you have a sunroof search on here, there are good posts about cleaning the drains and seals.

Totpetey

Reaction score
Ok it's not coming from top of the back it's only coming from when I run water in the cowl area then it runs into the car

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
You could have a bunch of leaves or pine needles or other debris blocking the cowl area drains. Remove your windshield wipers and pull up the plastic shield underneath them in the cowl area. You will see the screen where air comes into the cabin underneath this. If there is debris blocking the outflow of water, water could rise and flow into this air intake. It is good to clean this area out periodically, and it will make the air coming into the cabin smell better too.

Reactions: klc

Totpetey

Reaction score
I believe it's coming from the firewall cause I run water on the driver side of the cowl and it drains out great I see the water coming from the where the wires are

Attachments

• 20240209_075403.jpg
    20240209_075403.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 7