Squeak ...LCA I think

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ktmrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had a bad front suspension squeak and it went away, now its back with a vengeance. Sounds like the lower control arm bushings. Tried lubing them wo removing them with no luck. Do that need to be replaced to end the squeak? They are fine as far as wear.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Had a bad front suspension squeak and it went away, now its back with a vengeance. Sounds like the lower control arm bushings. Tried lubing them wo removing them with no luck. Do that need to be replaced to end the squeak? They are fine as far as wear.

Have you checked the sway bar bushings?
Most times that is where a lot of squeaks seem to come from

ktmrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its not the sway bar bushings...Got a stethoscope out and its my JBA upper control arm bushings.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Get some silicone spray and apply generously...That should make em quiet again.
57417[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

:gr_grin:

Attachments

• siliconespray.jpg
    siliconespray.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 0

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Probably sway bar bushings. Or, if you have aftermarket shocks, it could be the shock boot rubbing.

Silicone spray will quiet them for now, but it'll usually come back worse. At least that's what happened to mine.

ktmrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found it..kind of embarrassing actually. Clearly when you are given greaseable ball joints you are supposed to actually grease them on occasion.