Speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cheyne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've still been working on my daughter's 06 Liberty to get it ready for her.

I noticed that the front passenger side window didn't roll down completely, so I decided to inspect it and lubricate the regulators on each of the windows. The front speakers have been changed out, and the attached is what was causing the issue with the window. Anything you can tell me about this? (dunno) It's some kind of odd hack wiring/part that I guess I'll need to clean up. It is in series with the both of the front speakers. They're good speakers, Kicker, that don't appear to be well-installed. The passenger side has some distortion. The rear speakers are still original.

On another note, the OME 1.5 lift with new UCA has arrived. I hope I'm almost done with this thing. Heck, it's practically new now. Dealer recommended no service whatsoever when they did the hitch recall on it last week. The wife seems to have adopted it during the day for now. I think she's waiting for me to get done with this one before she gets another Durango.

Attachments

• IMG_0671.jpg
    IMG_0671.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 34

fastcarsspeed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks like the amp for the speaker. Does it have the Infinity Sound System in it? I believe it is supposed to attach to the back of the speaker.

Cheyne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wondered the same thing since I do have the Infinity system in the Durango. I checked the stock radio, and it said nothing about it. The speaker covers also make no mention of it like I've seen in others.

Either way, it doesn't now. Head unit changed out Saturday to install double din Carplay unit with backup camera so she hopefully doesn't back into anything.

Cheyne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, apparently so. Just checked the build sheet:

RBQP AM/FM CD 6-Disc Radio
RCJP 6 Premium Infinity Speakers

fastcarsspeed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, apparently so. Just checked the build sheet:

RBQP AM/FM CD 6-Disc Radio
RCJP 6 Premium Infinity Speakers

LOL I am wondering if my 02 limited has it as the headunit does not say anything like my Ram did from 02. Mine has the 6 disc changer in the rear. I am removing it all to do a new head unit and speakers but I think I am going to do a rearview mirror backup camera. I have it in my F350 and love it.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
As fastcarsspeed said, those are the infinity amps. The distortion may be from having the extra amp on there. If you go with a high-powered head unit I would ditch them.

(There may be others who disagree, so don't just take my say-so as the final word.) ;)

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just because the radio and speaker grilles dont specify Infinity ... doesn't mean you don't have it. Open up the door panels or check the build sheet.

My 03 Limited with RBQ 6-disc cd changer radio doesn't say squat... but I got them too.

Cheyne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I guess I'll be opening the doors back up to get rid of them.

May go ahead and replace the door speakers in the back also. I received a call from the wife earlier today asking if I had somehow turned on child locks for the rear doors. It appears I may have been in a slight hurry and forgotten to hook back up those handles. "Honey, I don't know what you're talking about, but I'll be happy to look at it for you." :emotions33:

Last edited:

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you'll just need to mount them to the door panel right below the 'new' existing speakers.
6 o'clock position.
Make sure the metal side of the amp is facing towards the door or facing outwards of the jeep.
Just drill two holes, zip tie them.

I think someone used some 3M double sided tape and it is still holding up.

Latest posts

Members online