spark plugs and wires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jake.Ski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what plugs are recommended and also what wires?

Do different plugs really make a difference?

Jake.Ski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well then do the coil packs need to be replaced?
whats the average lifetime of them?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I replaced mine at about 100,000 miles they were getting weak and also allowing moisture to seep in

WesChapman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced mine at about 100,000 miles they were getting weak and also allowing moisture to seep in

How did you know they were getting weak? Is there a way to test them?
Mine have 119k on them. Sometimes the engine feels like it's misfiring, although the CEL never comes on. Usually when I'm pulling a hill and the RPM's get down to 1300, I feel either a miss or slight surge, but it's hard to tell. It only seems to occur when the engine is pulling hard at low RPM's. When the trans finally decides to downshift and the revs go up, everything is smooth and fine.

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
Mine are still good at 175K miles. I carry a couple of spares and will end up replacing as needed.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If replacing the coils OEM are the way to go.I replaced all mine about 2 years ago and paid like $24 each for OEM coils and at the time were cheaper then aftermarket.I think OEM ones can be had for under $40 each still.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RockAuto? I saw that sale but I'm a little unsure since everyone is so sold on the NGK's. Can't beat the price though!
Dealership.

I can not use or recommend NGK spark plugs as I seen there quality 1st hand and not impressed,they do however do honer there word very well.The NTK line of O2 sensors are about the best out there but there plugs no so.