2004 liberty 3.7 plugs, coils and wires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hiho

Reaction score
Hey everyone first time here!!
I am trying to find parts for my MILs liberty. Plugs and coils seem pretty easy but there's a whole bunch of different stuff I'm finding for wires. What's a good set of wires for these?

DadOSix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone first time here!!
I am trying to find parts for my MILs liberty. Plugs and coils seem pretty easy but there's a whole bunch of different stuff I'm finding for wires. What's a good set of wires for these?
There are no spark plug wires. The 3.7 uses coil over plug arrangement. Replace the plugs with the NGK copper ones, nothing fancy. If you want to do coils, Mopar or Standard motor products.

Helpful hint: These old KJ jeeps are extremely particular with electrical components. Do yourself a favor and avoid house brands and things like dorman electrical sensors.

hiho

Reaction score
There are no spark plug wires. The 3.7 uses coil over plug arrangement. Replace the plugs with the NGK copper ones, nothing fancy. If you want to do coils, Mopar or Standard motor products.

Helpful hint: These old KJ jeeps are extremely particular with electrical components. Do yourself a favor and avoid house brands and things like dorman electrical sensors.
Thanks for the reply! I don't have a lot of experience with these at all! I do a lot of my own work but never on a jeep.

Deb'nKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
somewhere between London & Zunny Deb'n (England)
Don't be mislead into believing there's anything peculiarly (or even remotely) "Jeep" about that engine - or it's ignition system - it's just some old minivan lump Chrysler had lying around.

That's not to say there's anything wrong with it, it does the job well enough. although it's not much fun to work on.