Spare Tire Delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Elliott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I removed the spare tire bracket and got the 4 bolts out of the tailgate thanks to some good advice from Tommudd. My question is, to those of you who have done the same, what did you use to plug those four holes in the tailgate? I spent about an hour in Lowe's trying all kinds of things and could never get a good fit. Either it was too small or too big or wouldn't screw all the way in.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
So I removed the spare tire bracket and got the 4 bolts out of the tailgate thanks to some good advice from Tommudd. My question is, to those of you who have done the same, what did you use to plug those four holes in the tailgate? I spent about an hour in Lowe's trying all kinds of things and could never get a good fit. Either it was too small or too big or wouldn't screw all the way in.

Thats where I got mine at was Lowes
I bought 3 or 4 different ones, then found what fit and returned the others and got what did. They just slid back in pretty easy

Elliott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats where I got mine at was Lowes
I bought 3 or 4 different ones, then found what fit and returned the others and got what did. They just slid back in pretty easy

Guess its back to Lowes...

Elliott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found one that worked, it looked a little too big but with a couple taps from a hammer it fit in nice and tight. I don't think I'll have any issues with them falling out or water getting in behind them. Funny enough it was a push fastener for a Chrysler. For anyone else looking the part number is 881194.