So is this thing lifted already?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4drmopar

Reaction score
Ok, I went and looked at it.... well, its had some paint work in the back though can't be sure what parts... the whoe thing has been heavily buffed... theres buffing compound dust everywhere. The roof has a gouge/wide scratch thats all the way to the primer but not through it on the back of the roof on the curve that turns down to the rear window. Theres a serious scratch of some sorts on the rear passenger door. The front bumper has definitly been wacked there is a crease over the marker light and the wheel flare is loose in the front because of it. It looks like it just needs new clips to be popped back in pace, no sheetmetal damaged. The front bumper cover would have to be replaced to make me happy but I could do that. There is some sort of yellowish fluid leaking under the front that I THINK is Powersteering fluid. I'm gonna get the sales guy to run the service history and print it for me and run a build sheet.... I also told him that I know it was run throug the bodyshop they hav and wanted ot see that repair order as well. So we will see. Oh, tires are 265/70/16s in decent shape (though I'd sell them for 245/75s ASAP) and here are two pic sof the front suspension... what am I lookin at for a lift here? and yes, it does look rather like a fun vehicle in person :)
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Looks like a label to me. At least they ran the OME 927...

incommando

Banned
Reaction score
I'm betting that is the flash reflecting off of the decal on an aftermarket shock. If they took the time to add a bupstop ( or I a blind) they would probable do they shocks, too.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Could they be Rusty's coils?

Looks pretty rusty under there if I may add.

4drmopar

Reaction score
actually, i think its mud and road crap, it really isnt rusty actually... also, I THINK I saw a power steering leak forming, this common? what do I need to look for on it?

AtoB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'd ask the sales person to call the previous owner if they can and ask.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Clean brake fluid is an amberish yellow orange I think. Where exactly was the puddle?

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Clean brake fluid is an amberish yellow orange I think. Where exactly was the puddle?
Clean/new brake fluid(DOT 3/4) is clear.

P/S pressure hose leaks are very common on a KJ with the 3.7,$100 at CarQuest and your good to go.The line runs from the bottom of the pump and goes behind the drivers side headlamp(then to the PS cooler is so equipped) and then back down to the R&P gear.

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could they be Rusty's coils?

quote]

Could be, but after 65K miles, 4 years and crappy roads the "Rusty's 901" marking on my springs is still real clear. The marking would be at the mid point of the spring, if you can see the backside of the spring and the "Rusty's 901" is still there, then there's the answer to the question.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I would be more inclined to think they are Rustys than OMEs , the way they are sagging already, no tag showing for OME etc. look at the rear Rustys rear coils are bigger in diameter than the OMEs
can't fiqure out the front shocks though.
Whatever the lift is I would to replace in a few thousand miles if I was buying it

I would pass on it at 6700

4drmopar

Reaction score
I think it was off a rubberline that had a hanging drip.... as for puddles on the ground, there was snow soooo,now a lot of help or a dirty carlot.

4drmopar

Reaction score
What really ***** is that the Cash For Clunkers deal, put most of the vehicles in the range I was looking for in the scrap yard..... I see sooo many WJ's, ZJ's and XJ's with 100,000 mile odometer readings adn NO DAMAGE with big CFC decals on the windows.... great vehicles were scrapped for no good reason..... so all the lower end cars that were gonna be ont eh market, are gone... :(

67Customs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would pass on it at 6700
Especially with the crappy body work and painting that has been done. There should be NO reason why you would get paint on the coils when doing body work. There is no telling what else has been done to that vehicle.

4drmopar

Reaction score
Did I miss something? there was no paint on the coils...but yeah, am skipping this one, the sales guy is too lazy to get a build sheet...