Slip Yoke discussion...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matt2wheels

Reaction score
So I'm under my Liberty the other day installing rock rails and got a good look at the NP xfer case that runs the same stupid slip yoke the Wrangler guys are always cursing. What a stupid stupid design, having the U joint that far out on a shaft is inherently weak. Anyone had problems with it and installed a Slip Yoke Eliminator kit? Or are we just not as abusive to our vehicles so it's not a worry?

I just hate bad engineering. This definitely qualifies.

mf

LibertyCRD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the 5 years the Liberty has been around, I have never heard of even one instance of a t-case or driveshaft failure. So I guess it works for us pretty well.

chefdab

Reaction score
JeepinAl over at LOST is working with Tom Woods on a slip yoke eliminator for the Liberty. He is also building his own custom 5" lift. That is why he needs the SYE. He's supposed to be working on the lift this week so he'll have more info on the SYE soon. Check out his website: www.jeepinbyal.com