Sliders!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, I won't be starting on the "deep water fording exhaust" project for quite some time. Instead I've started this;

Basic raw material, 2"X6" steel tubing

You must be registered for see images attach

68" cut and blocked in place

Front mount to unibody rail with bolt plate (goes on the inside);

Mounting plate in place;

Now to get off my lunch break and hope there's something profitable waiting for me to work on so I won't be able to go back to work on this. :grd:

Bob

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the opportunity ever presents itself, yall are welcome to kiss my ****!:gr_grin:

Bob

ouroboros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bob, you should get ahold of one of those boat props that sticks into the receiver. Give it that deep water type of look :happy160:

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be careful, that tubing is only 11ga (1/8")

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since I'm not a devoted rock crawler, with proper bracing I expect them to perform just fine for me.

Bob

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holes drilled for "nutzerts" to install bracing;

Nutzerts in place (5per side);

Bob

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1. Didn't want to mess with the plastic cover on exterior of pinch weld.
2. Nutzerts is cool!:icon_lol:

Really, no real reason this is just the idea that popped into my head.

Bob

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The pinch weld is stronger, much stronger, but im waiting to see how it turns out.......

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I probably should have done a lot more research and copied successful designs. But then it would just be an exercise in copying. This project is my TOY, for my entertainment. Although I do plan to do a bit more studying and comparing before beginning my bumper projects (Tom ya got any measurements/blueprints you'd like to share?:gr_grin:)

I'm more than pleased with any comments, from ecstatic reverence:emotions34:
to curses and derision.

Eventually I want to do exoskeleton bars from rack to sliders and bumpers. Snorkel kit, mostly for the cool factor, pretty well grown out of the desire to drive in water where I can't see the road. And with a snorkel WILL come the heat shielded exhaust pipe up the rt rear corner. :icon_lol:

After all, this is a TOY! If I wanted serious 4 wheeling, mud bogging, rock climbing, balls to the wall off roader, I'd a bought a Cherokee!!!:Get him!:

Bob

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya I'm curious how the nutzerts hold up. The jba sliders go through the pinch weld after taking the plastic off. More options are always good.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I probably should have done a lot more research and copied successful designs. But then it would just be an exercise in copying. This project is my TOY, for my entertainment. Although I do plan to do a bit more studying and comparing before beginning my bumper projects (Tom ya got any measurements/blueprints you'd like to share?:gr_grin:)

I'm more than pleased with any comments, from ecstatic reverence:emotions34:
to curses and derision.

Eventually I want to do exoskeleton bars from rack to sliders and bumpers. Snorkel kit, mostly for the cool factor, pretty well grown out of the desire to drive in water where I can't see the road. And with a snorkel WILL come the heat shielded exhaust pipe up the rt rear corner. :icon_lol:

After all, this is a TOY! If I wanted serious 4 wheeling, mud bogging, rock climbing, balls to the wall off roader, I'd a bought a Cherokee!!!:Get him!:

Bob

I've got drawings / measurements for everything from front to back :icon_lol:

djr8505

Reaction score
I like your idea of the bolt plate for the frame-rails. If I ever redo my sliders thats the way I wanna do it.