Slave cylinder failure?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

O5berylgrnrenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Clutch master cylinder line connection leaking

How is the clutch slave line connected to the master cylinder it is leaking and before i tear into it i would like more info on the method of line attachment to the master cylinder looks like a roll pin so im imagining a o-ring press fitting?

Last edited:

JeepinJarhead03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they're a sealed unit
roughly 100 bucks

they generally dont survive self-reman attempts due to the reasoning behind why they failed in the first place

O5berylgrnrenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did find the sealed unit for $180cad but i also found the master and slave seperate with threaded connections and bleeder screws considering getting a line made and replacing it with seperate servicable parts opinions?

O5berylgrnrenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Neither the slave or the master has a bleeder screw,no way to bleed the system.

The ones i found from wagner both list a bleeder screw as well as show it in the product photo the difference is price the seperate parts are $76 and $86 plus whatever to make a line vs $180 for the complete sealed system

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ones i found from wagner both list a bleeder screw as well as show it in the product photo the difference is price the seperate parts are $76 and $86 plus whatever to make a line vs $180 for the complete sealed system

This the pic?

You must be registered for see images attach

If so that is the wrong slave for a KJ.

Below pic is the correct slave for a KJ.

O5berylgrnrenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This the pic?

If so that is the wrong slave for a KJ.

Below pic is the correct slave for a KJ.

The below picture is almost identical with the exception of a bleeder on the end and the line attaches on top

O5berylgrnrenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ended up ordering from rockauto as no one here in Canada seemed to have one in stock for less than $375 now just waiting to start tearing the old one out and replacing it boy i cant wait looks like a amazing time to change anyone know if the brake switch will have to be replaced? It seems the brake booster has to be loosened off from what i can see so curious if that will require removing the brake switch?