skyjacker 2.5" rear coils

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigBlue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was doin some shopping around for a good price on OME948s when I called 4WheelParts. The sales associate quoted me around $160 shipped for a set of 948's but then added that they had the sky jackers for $130 shipped.

So I called ARB and I called Sky Jacker for specs on the rear coils. Here is what I got:
ARB OME948= 200 lb spring rate...2 year warranty
SkyJkr LIB25R= 230 lb spring rate...life time warranty

Tell me what you guys think. Especially if any of you have used the Sky Jacker coils.

bigBlue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so no one has run the skyjacker rear coils except tjkj? I find that hard to believe.

How bout this; anyone run the JBA-LIB25R coils? They are the same as the Skyjacker LIB25R's and the LIB250 skyjacker kit. I'm sure someone has, since so many people appear to be JBA marks.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so no one has run the skyjacker rear coils except tjkj? I find that hard to believe.

How bout this; anyone run the JBA-LIB25R coils? They are the same as the Skyjacker LIB25R's and the LIB250 skyjacker kit. I'm sure someone has, since so many people appear to be JBA marks.
All the 1st gen FrankinLifts had the rear SkyJacker coils before using OME 948's.

Stay away from there front coils unless you can get a verified set made in the 1st 6 months of '04 which will be the non-soft ride ones,the soft ride front coils will be OEM spring rates and the non-soft ride will have a higher spring rate then the OME HD's.The front "struts" are junk also,I had to modify my coils to use Rancho's which where 100x's better.

bigBlue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the soft ride front coils will be OEM spring rates and the non-soft ride will have a higher spring rate then the OME HD's.

Yeah i already bought the 927's for the front.
The skyjacker's rear coils were a lot stronger than oem and OME (SJ=230lbs, OME=200lbs), so I am really leaning toward the LIB25R instead of the 948's.
No one on LOST has mentioned anything about the rears coils specifically either...Just the LIB250 package and the front set-up.

I guess if no one gives me any bad reports on the Skyjackers, then I will give them a run (I cant beat $130 out the door for a set).

Prospect62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They arrived today...they are the softride version :(

We shall see just how much height I get out of them. I will keep everyone posted. It could be awhile before I get these things in, FYI.