Site hacked?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fishyx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have problems with virusus yesterday? Everytime I tried to log in to this site my Chromebook would lock up with a crazy security message. It only happened with this site. I'm using my tablet right now cuz I'm affraid to try the Chromer again.

Last edited:

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same problems, but it seems to fixed today. I wanted to do some research yesterday about putting on a lift kit but due to the site being down I was out of luck. Today my lift kit finally will be arriving!!!!!!!!!!!

fishyx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, after 3 years I now know that my Chromebook is not invincible!!! Good luck with the lift R4!!

twowings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the same error last night on a Linux laptop...the error message included an 800 phone number to call for "technical assistance"...seems to be back to normal today...

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea same for my ipad ipod iphone mac book pro the windows computers at work nothing worked i joined lost just to get my fix

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fyi, that security message (I was getting it too) is a scam. The last thing you want to do with those is respond to it. Clicking on them can install a virus, spyware, or ransom-ware on your computer. Either X out of the screen, or ctrl-alt-delete to get the heck outta there.

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah that was crazy.. the site URL was clearly hijacked. I would not have thought jeepkj.com would be a likely target..but there it was.

Jim McClain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We are all good. :)

Why keep it a secret? The site was hacked and there is a possibility that passwords were jeopardized. It happened to one of my forums a couple years ago. I told everyone to change their password. And if they used the same password anywhere else, to change it there too. It might be overkill, but better safe than sorry.

Not everyone with a Jeep fetish is clueless. Some of us might be. We all hope you will keep us informed.

Jim

Jim McClain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He should be able to once his host refreshes their DNS entry. :shrug:

You mean his ISP? That's not the ISP's job - Tom's or anyone else's ISP. It's more a problem with the browser's cache, especially if the browser is IE (not that I'm an IE hater, but that their cache doesn't always clear as quickly as other browsers). You can manually clear any browser's cache by visiting the browser Options or Preferences and finding that setting (in IE, it's Internet Options > General tab > Browsing history > Delete...). Then close and reopen the browser to try again.

Jim

Latest posts

Members online