single screw for dash removal is stuck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

birdtail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im trying to install an aftermarket Pioneer radio in my 06 KJ... That little screw in the cubby is STUCK.. My flat head fits perfectly in there. I tried both ways, I tried using WD-40, but it wont budge. The screwdriver head will "pop" out of the screw head.. Ive tried twisting with all my might but it still pops out right away, cant get it to move even a fraction of a fraction of an inch.

Any advice? Wasnt sure where to put this.

EDIT: Tried a phillips and its not turning still, i dont want to strop the inside of it.

Last edited:

birdtail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damnit, you're right. Not where why i didnt see that. :(

Thanks for the answer to a simple question, i was turning it until i was blue in the face.

EDIT: Found a phillips, its STILL not turning. I dont want to strip it, cause then ill be in big trouble. What gives?!

Last edited:

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
Some KJ's came with the smoking package... with ashtray, lighter, and additional power outlet. I think if it didn't come with this, they have a little area in that same location for storage.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
What's a cubby?

What Jayme said, with the ashtray.

In general, a cubby is just a little storage area...if that was your question...:)
You must be registered for see images

Newer:
You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

JeepOwner07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not to highjack this thread but damn i gotta get that bezel with ashtray and extra outlet, only how would i wire the outlet(s)

and to the OP. ummm errrr DUHHHH i know everyone thought it, i just wanted to be the one to say it, LOL just messing with ya man

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
It's good to learn... just don't use gender as an excuse. ;) I know quite a couple of guys who are quite a bit more clueless about their vehicle than I am about mine. :D Just keep learning.

It's what you get when you see a *********.

Wouldn't that be 'chubby'? lol3.gif

Last edited:

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
I didn't start working on vehicles either until my Ranger before the Jeep. I've really taken a liking to work on the jeep. Granted a lot of the times it's supervised by my husband who knows more about what we're working on than I do. But, I've learned a ton, and have since been able to instruct and help some of the guys around where I live on how make certain repairs. It's kind of nice.

Just sayin'... keep learning. It'll only get better. :D

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
I know to keep JK's away from water... they are WORSE than gremlins... :eek:

Learned from my dad and brother too, but most recently Aaron.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.